Cornerstone XT Windows?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Wrenni

Cornerstone XT Windows?

#1 Post by Wrenni »

We're considering Cornerstone XT windows made by WeatherBarr for our north Texas house. I'm not finding reviews for this particular window or company in this forum - anyone familiar with them? Thank you.

Windows on Washington

Re: Cornerstone XT Windows?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Link to the manufacturer?

Which model are you considering?

Wrenni

#3 Post by Wrenni »

https://www.weatherbarr.com/cornerstone

We were quoted Cornerstone XT Single Hung and Picture Windows with the SmartSpacer System. I hope that's the model information you need because that's all I was given.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Doesn't look half bad. Depends on who is making there glass in this case as the frame profile looks pretty OK here.

ecscott

#5 Post by ecscott »

I'm also in North Texas and looking a WeatherBarr Cornerstone Solar Smart II vinyl replacement windows which use Cardinal Low-E 366 glass, Superspacer, and Argon gas. U-Value 0.28, SHGC 0.22, VLT 0.52, CRF 59, Air <= 0.3. Quote is $500/window installed for 19 windows. Should I pull the trigger?

Randy

#6 Post by Randy »

The price is attractive, however, have you considered any other windows? Do you have confidence in the contractor? AL rating of .30 or lower doesn’t tell you anything. You want a window with an AL rating of .01 - .05.

"You’re only going to be concerned about price one time. That’s the day you buy. You’re going to be concerned with quality for the life of the product. With this in mind, let me urge you to think along these lines: Wouldn’t you agree that it’s better to pay a little more than you expected than a little less than you should?” - Zig Ziglar