Nirvana windows by Soft-Lite vs Okna 500DX

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Patstev

Nirvana windows by Soft-Lite vs Okna 500DX

#1 Post by Patstev »

I’m replacing 6 double hung windows. Home sealed exteriors quoted $4403.20 for OKNA 500DX Windows, while Zen builders quoted $3692.00 for Nirvana windows by Soft-Lite. It seems like a big price difference. Am I comparing apples to apples? Both installers seem reputable. Which would you choose? I would really appreciate some insight!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Nirvana windows by Soft-Lite vs Okna 500DX

#2 Post by masterext »

The okna will have a performance advantage over the particular soft lite window that Zen uses. Most importantly, HomeSealed has one of the best reputations in the industry. The pricing seems good as well.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

Masterext is right. HomeSealed, while a bit more expensive, is offering a better product and the invaluable “peace of mind” based on their exemplary reputation based on years of providing superior service in the Milwaukee area.

WindowsDirectCinci

#4 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

The Okna window is a better performer. I’m not really a fan of any of the softlite windows especially anything outside of their top 2. While I don’t know Homesealed I can tell from his comments on this board you will get a top notch install.... Zen windows like a lot of the window “franchises” are all independently owned so from one dealer to the next you don’t really know what type of install or service your getting. I don’t think there business model is sustainable and a lot of there dealers are part time. I’d want a full time pro doing work on my house and not a part time guy making some extra cash.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would really leave to see the specs on the project and on the windows. That said, what that one vendor offers from Soft-Lite is not one of their premium lines which is what you would need to see to compete with the Okna 500.

For the small price differential and a more trusted resource in HomeSealed, its a no brainer in my book. He runs one of the top shops in the nation if you ask me and I have directly referred previous clients who are over the moon with his completed work.