Burris Reviews

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Durvy

Burris Reviews

#1 Post by Durvy »

Hello,

My home was constructed in 1985 and the windows are original and in bad shape. I'm in Dallas, TX and the contractor is recommending Burris Tectview Ex. The company is about 10 miles from my house which is nice but i'm not seeing many good reviews. The other bid I got was for Quaker windows. I plan on staying in the house many more years so I don't mind paying a little more for quality windows and installation. From what I researched so far it seems like I need to pick a brand and then use one of their qualified installers? I'm really confused at this point, the bid was $22,800 for 32 windows. I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks !

Windows on Washington

Re: Burris Reviews

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Burris is not usually well thought of on here, but there is a poster by the name of Randy that is from the great state of Texas and will usually pop in and provide some feedback.

Have you checked in on any other brands? Friends or family recommendations?

Durvy

#3 Post by Durvy »

I don't know anyone that has had window replacements except for my neighbor who gutted their house and used Quaker. That is where I received my other bid. There is a Pella dealer down the street with a retail storefront. I might drop in and see what they say. From my research it looks like NT or Don Young windows have good ratings in my area.

Randy

#4 Post by Randy »

I’d recommend getting a quote on NT Windows. Their Presidential, Energy Master, or Traditions lines are good choices for a mid-grade vinyl window. If your windows aren’t overly large, you might also get a quote from the local Sunrise dealer.

Durvy

#5 Post by Durvy »

Thanks I will do that.