Need new Replacement Windows-Cleveland Ohio

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
krelldog

Need new Replacement Windows-Cleveland Ohio

#1 Post by krelldog »

In our neck of the woods we are bombarded with advertising for Window Nation and Universal Windows Direct.
Both of these companies pitch is similar....Buy one get one free....and 2 or 3 years same as cash. After reading local reviews you soon find out what a nightmare this bait and switch trickery is.

With that said...I have a 27 year old home. My windows are double hung. I'm already over invested in the home.
I have 15 windows...2 of those sills are completely rotting off the frame. The rest really aren't all that bad. My heat bills are pretty low...so they must be somewhat effecient.

Where do I even start with finding a good window...and for that matter a good company? These companies will tell you anything to get your buisness .....who do you believe??

I'm not looking for top of the line....I'm just looking for a quality window and installer.

Why is this so hard???

Thanks in advance.

Randy

Re: Need new Replacement Windows-Cleveland Ohio

#2 Post by Randy »

I’d recommend looking for dealers for Soft-lite, Okna, or Kensington and getting a couple more quotes. Soft-lite is an Ohio based company and they should have several local dealers to choose from.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Start with a brand search and see what you land on in terms of suppliers.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

Good advice from Randy. I wouldnt necessarily equate heating bills with efficiency of your wndows as there can be a certain lack of linearity. I know that sounds somewhat counterintuitive but it is sometimes the case. I hear many homeowners tell me their new windows make their homes much warmer in the winter and much cooler in the summer but that drastic change isnt reflected in their utility bills or at least not as much as they expected. Nevertheless, they are thrilled with how much more comfortable their home is and at the end of the day thats the result you want. That said, we also have many homeowners that are astounded by the savings they see in their energy bills as a result of new replacement windows. Bottom line: high quality replacement windows in conjunction with a proper install will always make your home much more comfortable.