NEED HELP TO take decision!!! Alside/Soft-Lite/Sunrise

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
HomeOwnerInChi

NEED HELP TO take decision!!! Alside/Soft-Lite/Sunrise

#1 Post by HomeOwnerInChi »

Please help making decision.
I need total 14 window unit need replacement. (8 Sliders + 5 Casements + 1 Picture).
I have received multiple quotes from different installers with really good reviews. Each of them are selling windows with different manufacture.

Alside Mezzo(with ThermaD) - $8390 (Inserts Only)
Soft-Lite Imperial LS - $10290 (Inserts Only)
Alside Seffiled - $10950 (Full Frame Installation)
Sunriese Restoration - $16710 (Full Frame Installation) (Regular Sunrise - 15400)

Does prices seems fair/high?
Thanks in advance

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: NEED HELP TO take decision!!! Alside/Soft-Lite/Sunrise

#2 Post by masterext »

Both Soft Lite and Sunrise are great options and much better than anything made by alside.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Run...don't walk...from the Sheffield. Still have jobs from 12 years ago that I did in those that I haven't gotten paid on. It is a Frankenstein'ian piece of garbage.

The Mezzo is the better or those two in that line up, but certainly not on the level with the Soft-Lite. The Imperial LS is the winner in that bunch with the Sunrise taking the #2 spot because of the price differential.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. The LS seems to be the choice based on product/price IF the installation companies are equal. The Softlite slider is better than the Sunrise IMO, although the Sunrise casement is nicer, again in my opinion.

Pricing is in the normal range, how good it is depends on all of the details on options, installs, etc.... I'd focus on those two options as your final choices, and then really vet the dealers/install companies. If the Sunrise company is that much more reputable then the premium could be justified. If not, then no, not justified on product alone.

HomeOwnerInChi

#5 Post by HomeOwnerInChi »

Thanks bunch for your valuable response. I am leaning towards LS. What is frame width (from edge to glass) for LS? Also with pocket inserts how much loss of glass area? Current windows are wood casment windows.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

I want to say that the LS frame to glass measurement is in the neighborhood of 3.25" or so, but I'm not positive. I do know that it is not one of the thinner lined units on the market, however I wouldn't necessarily label it bulky either. The Sunrise unit as well as Okna are a little bit thinner, but there aren't many other quality windows that are.

On the installation aspect, it depends on exactly what you have with your existing windows. The installation company should be able to give you that info, but we really cannot site unseen.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

HomeSealed wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:59 am I want to say that the LS frame to glass measurement is in the neighborhood of 3.25" or so, but I'm not positive. I do know that it is not one of the thinner lined units on the market, however I wouldn't necessarily label it bulky either. The Sunrise unit as well as Okna are a little bit thinner, but there aren't many other quality windows that are.

On the installation aspect, it depends on exactly what you have with your existing windows. The installation company should be able to give you that info, but we really cannot site unseen.

Yep. 3 1/8" to 3 1/4" from edge of frame to glass edge on the lower sash.

WindowsDirectCinci

#8 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

So the sliders have a smaller frame than double hungs? seems opposite from most vinyl manufacturer but can't say I've paid much attention to the soft lite sliders...DH Sample I have is 3 3/4. on the sides before you ever hit glass. If your concerned about glass space the Sunrise will show significant more light/ visible glass area than the soft-lite. Especially on the casements.