PGT WinGuard

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jshell45

PGT WinGuard

#1 Post by jshell45 »

We live in Tampa and are getting bids to replace 20 windows (11 single hung, 6 eyebrows, 3 sliders) & 3 double sliding glass doors ~ about 4,777 square feet. Our home was built in 1992.

We are leaning towards PGT WinGuard windows and doors. They are made in Florida and made for our climate specifically. The WinGuard are impact windows. We are right on the cusp of the mandatory impact windows and so are leaning that way.

(1) The quote we got was $47,620 for complete install for impact and around $33,334 for non-impact. Does this sound about right, and how much wiggle room should we have in negotiating a final price when it comes to installing a whole house of windows/doors?

(2) Any feedback on PGT WinGuard windows/doors?

Thanks

Windows on Washington

Re: PGT WinGuard

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

PGT is a well regarded brand. Not sure you will get much directed feedback on the pricing question. Pricing is largely regional and the cost of doing business can vary a good bit with regards to labor, overhead, government, etc.

Florida may have cheaper labor than some regions, but installations are difficult and the oversight and permitting are certainly an expense.

Sebrox

Re: PGT WinGuard

#3 Post by Sebrox »

I am in Cocoa Beach and am looking at PGT also. I have gotten 3 estimates and priced a few brands and companies. Everything I hear about PGT windows is bad. Not necessarily the quality but the service warranty side. What I did find interesting was an estimate I got from FAS windows. The guy said PGT windows are bad but when I asked him what he recommends for my french doors he said PGT was all they use. Right now I am going to get PGT doors with Simonton stormbreaker plus windows. Good luck.