Window World vs Shoreline impact windows. Need help

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Sebrox

Window World vs Shoreline impact windows. Need help

#1 Post by Sebrox »

Hi, I live on the coast and need impact windows.

I got a quote from Window World and it was about $1,500 higher than a local company who uses Shoreline (made by ViWinTech). Window World used stainless coiled balancers and the local company used bronze. Not sure which is better.

The only thing that I really disliked about the local company was the seams at the corners where it was welded stuck out and were kind of bulged out and unclean and the screens didn't look as nice. Basically it just looked kind of unfinished.

Local company said they used virgin vinyl and Window World said they used RAW virgin vinyl. The Window World window seemed to be better overall quality in terms of workmanship, welds, screens, etc.

Any help on which way to go? I am leaning towards paying slightly more for Window World windows. Seems like the Shoreline (made by ViWinTech) is cheaper made overall.

Thoughts?

Windows on Washington

Re: Window World vs Shoreline impact windows. Need help

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Vinyl is the same in that comparative. You won't hear WW too often recommended because of the dramatic variability in installation based on what they usually pay their folks.

Was that only beef with the other product (i.e. welds)? Any other performance data on what is being proposed?

HomeSealed

Re: Window World vs Shoreline impact windows. Need help

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Sebrox wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:25 am I am leaning towards paying slightly more for Window World windows.

Thoughts?
This may be a first... WW is often compared to the "Walmart" of windows, which is probably fairly accurate IMO in a very generalized sense. If don't have high expectations or requirements and expect to pay accordingly, it probably a fine option. Not sure you'd want to go with anything priced lower though...
Alternatively, if you are looking for something with high quality and performance that will have a long service life and be installed by well paid craftsmen into your home, you may want to add some additional choices to your list.