Changes to Starmark 900

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
facesnorth

Re: Changes to Starmark 900

#76 Post by facesnorth »

Was watching a few videos and reading a blog that has me all messed up over what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vZZ_EMGseY
this one had me thinking maybe I should opt for "full line" - is that the same as "ultimate"? for my downstairs front-facing windows, and the rear windows attached to this main open concept part of my house. And do integrity aka elevate for the rest.

https://www.oldhouseguy.com/marvin-window-reviews/
but then this got me wondering if I could make the elevate's blend in sufficiently....

This guy really hates white replacement windows lol.

TheWindowNerd

#77 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would not mix the series.
You can do Elevate as both insert or new construction. That type of blend is good.

facesnorth

#78 Post by facesnorth »

I went to a dealer and saw both the Elevate and ultimate. Really liked the ultimate, not so much the Elevate. I'm quoted basically 25k for 23 windows for Elevate and 39k for ultimate. Big difference from my 15k Starmark quote.

I'll have a Marvin full line quote on Monday but I'm expecting something close to the Ultimates.

TheWindowNerd

#79 Post by TheWindowNerd »

If 39K is in your budget you may as well look at Pella A series and AW E series.
Pella has the most integrated prefinish.

theWindowNerd.com

facesnorth

#80 Post by facesnorth »

I'd say more that I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place - I can't possibly see even half that in equity in my market. Yet I don't want to spend 15 or 20k on crappy windows. I'll check out the AW E Series and Pella A Series just to compare.