Ideal majestic window

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Njones007

Ideal majestic window

#1 Post by Njones007 »

Hi All,

I am in the final stages of selecting a window for a front porch. It is a 3 Lite slider. I've gotten quotes earlier in the year but didn't pull the trigger because the company I was going to select communication started to get sketchy.

I have 3 quotes that I need to decide on and I need help.

1. Ideal Majestic energy green
2. Alside Sheffield
3. Okna 800

I asked the okna dealer if he could quote me on the 500 series however he said that my window opening was too big and they would have to pack it in to fit a 500 series.

The lowest of the windows are listed from lowest in cost to highest. I haven't heard of the first two so I wanted to get opinions on the quality and how they compare to okna?

Windows on Washington

Re: Ideal majestic window

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not super familiar with the Ideal product, but I darn sure would scratch #2 from the list.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Ideal majestic windows

#3 Post by masterext »

The Ideal Majestic is a nice window, i have used it many times and still use it. The Okna is great as well. No one here will recommend Alside. Its hard for us to comment on cost since we dont know whatbthe cost was.
Number 1 and 3 are solid choices.

Njones007

#4 Post by Njones007 »

Thanks for the replies. I started doing research on the alside and yeah the reviews are horrible lol.

The majestic is roughly $400 lower than the okna.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The Okna 825 is the best choice.
theWindowNerd.com

toddinmn

#6 Post by toddinmn »

Sounds like the Majestic is pretty nice, if the $400 difference is on 1 window I’d roll with that.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

Are the installation procedures apples to apples? Are the three installation companies all on equal footing as far as reputation, size, etc? I'd agree that it would be hard to justify a $400 difference on one window based solely on product quality or performance, but the higher price may be the normal one and the low price is the outlier.... or vice versa of course. That said, the home improvement industry is the second most complained about industry (second to automotive) more because of shady contractors that typically come in on the low side than to larger companies that some deem to be "too much". Just food for thought.

I like the Okna here, but my experience with the Ideal is limited to what I hear which is generally positive. Those two choices would be my final decision here.

Njones007

#8 Post by Njones007 »

The majestic company is family owned and they only do windows and doors they seem well known throughout PA, NJ as dependable and great installers.
The okna company is bigger and the sales person said the installers for windows and doors are separated from the other services they offer (home renovation company). Both are established 50+ years and the reviews and reputation are great. I plan on having the majestic dealer give me a detailed description of the install.

Is there anything I need to make sure is done for each window? Right now the info I have from okna is 3 Lite slider (Dlx foam enhanced frames), insulate and caulk perimeter of new window and cap exterior wood frame with aluminum.

Along with comparing install details I will ask the okna dealer to close the gap between the $400.

Ricknez

#9 Post by Ricknez »

Are you in southern nj? Just wondering why a PA company is coming to NJ ?
Majestic has a very appealing look to it. The okna is very highly regarded also.

toddinmn

#10 Post by toddinmn »

Ask each for the DP rating, air infiltration numbers and U-values.

TheWindowNerd

#11 Post by TheWindowNerd »

We are based in Bucks county PA, we border 3 different counties of NJ( Mercer, Burlington, one other). Also Bucks is one of the 5 counties that make up the Phila market. So that is why we do business in both states.

We have installed both MFG. My lead mechanics prefer the Okna very stongly.
theWindowNerd.com

Ricknez

#12 Post by Ricknez »

Really? Thats kind of hard to believe and a rather strange comment. My installers love the Ideal majestic and the overall sturdiness of it as do many other window companies i correspond with, Its one of the heaviest window we have ever installed. The Majestic is made of some of the highest quality pvc i have ever seen. My installers have complained about other brands in the past and have somewhat of a sixth sense as to which window will last and which one’s wont. They also like the okna.

toddinmn

#13 Post by toddinmn »

Do you judge the quality of the pvc based upon its chemical make up or are you basing it upon a visual of a cross section?

What are the DP and air numbers on the 3 lite sliders?

Ricknez

#14 Post by Ricknez »

Both Todd. The cross section is impressive and i know the extruder was talking about how they use more titanium dioxide as well as better heat stabilizers than many other extrusions. Its a nice white with no tint to it.
The air leakage is a .02. I believe the DP is 50.

toddinmn

#15 Post by toddinmn »

Those numbers are for the double-hung I believe unless they are same as there slider?
Hmmm, I’ll have to take your word on the chemical make of this extrusion. Is it a nicer white than the Okna?
Who makes there extrusions?
Pics of Okna and majestic side by side would be nice.