Thermal Windows Park Avenue or 9500 series windows and patio door

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Rjrunner

Thermal Windows Park Avenue or 9500 series windows and patio door

#1 Post by Rjrunner »

Any insight on this companies higher end windows and patio doors? Looking at two casement windows in triple pane and patio door in the same. The local Window Depot USA carries this brand and they have excellent customer ratings. The windows seem to have good efficiency numbers and air-infiltration (.05) for windows). I know they are probably not in the same league with Okna or Soft-Lite but they must be better than the windows Mad City windows, Window World or Renewal by Andersen windows. Any insight please.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Thermal Windows Park Avenue or 9500 series windows and patio door

#2 Post by masterext »

Ive seen it. Its a pretty decent window offering. Their patio door ( Legance) is pretty good as well.

WindowsDirectCinci

#3 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

I’d categorize it as a mid grade window overall. They have 3 different spacer options, a magnetic seal that sounds like a cool feature but doesn’t have much of a benefit. The main issue I have that product is where all the weatherstripping comes together in the corners where the sashes meet. It’s a very weak spot and one that will likely see drafts after a few seasons. Certainly better than Window World, renewal has a nice product but not worth the $$ imo. I’m pretty sure Mad City uses softlite but not sure which models.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Thermal's current window extrusion design for casements and awnings has irrigation weeps with baffles to the exterior sill face, yet their double hung lines don't. I can't figure it out and don't care for it. Not a bad window though.

WindowsDirectCinci

#5 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

Sounds like a lack of investment into new equipment to me. We all know about there financial struggles in the last decade.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

Windowsdirectcinci
Its not their equipment, its the extrusion itself. Both Mike and I have had experience with a very similar extrusion and there was always an issue with the corners ( day light). They try to resolve it by adding “ cheater pads” but to no avail. Those pads are also unsightly.
Deceuninck needs to change the extrusion. Everyone that uses it has the same issue.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not sure about TI's financial issues, but there seems to have been some rumbles. Isn't there DH (if you have any of those), a pocket sill design?

masterext

#8 Post by masterext »

Windows on Washington wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:47 am Not sure about TI's financial issues, but there seems to have been some rumbles. Isn't there DH (if you have any of those), a pocket sill design?
No. Its now a welded sloped sill on the 9500 and Park Avenue. Their other DH offerings are though ( lower lines).

WindowsDirectCinci

#9 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

Sorry I was referring to the weep system in the casements... yes the double extrusion has the design flaws in the corners.