Help Identifying Window Brand?

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
zeeborg

Help Identifying Window Brand?

#1 Post by zeeborg »

I noticed today that one of the vinyl windows in my house is broken. I think it's from the extreme heat we've been getting this year.
Anyway, I can find no manufacturer printed anywhere, but did find the sash and frame paper tags.
I'd like to get a replacement sash if the company is still around. Replacing the whole window will be a major issue, as the siding will not survive being removed.
Does anyone recognize this??
win2.jpg
win1.jpg

Windows on Washington

Re: Help Identifying Window Brand?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Zero % chance I can tell from that. Any pictures of the frame and sash?

zeeborg

#3 Post by zeeborg »

Here's a couple more pics. I'm afraid it's a really nondescript window. No etching/marks on the glass.
win5.jpg
win4.jpg
win3.jpg

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

A few observations:
1) If you are trying to fix the broken glass, you don't need a sash. Call a local glass company. They'll be able to measure and replace.

2) Looks like any 20+ year old new construction vinyl window, fair chance they are out of business.

3) 20+ year old builder grade vinyl window probably have other issues, it would be wise to start budgeting for replacement even if the glass replacement is your short term solution.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

If its a singular busted sash, call a glazing company and they can remake that glass with the grids and get you fixed up. Not sure you are gonna track down who made that window, even if they are around. Also doubtful that they even have those lineals if they were still around.

zeeborg

#6 Post by zeeborg »

Yeah, I gave up trying to figure out who made them.
Took the sash to my local glass co. today, they measured and quoted me $75 for the new glass pack, and installation.
SOLD!

SOME window manufacturers have lifetime glass breakage warranty, and I was hoping for that, but still better than having to tear out the whole window!