Lowes vs. HomeDepot

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
phillysteve

Lowes vs. HomeDepot

#1 Post by phillysteve »

Before I am blasted, I am new to the replacement window scene and am just trying to find unbiased information. I am wondering if anyone can tell me which of the "lower end" windows that Lowes (Thermastar by Pella and Relibuilt) or HomeDepot (American Craftsman) is better. My interest is that they appear to be relatively easy to install and are available.

RC

Re: Lowes vs. HomeDepot

#2 Post by RC »

phillysteve wrote:Before I am blasted, I am new to the replacement window scene and am just trying to find unbiased information. I am wondering if anyone can tell me which of the "lower end" windows that Lowes (Thermastar by Pella and Relibuilt) or HomeDepot (American Craftsman) is better. My interest is that they appear to be relatively easy to install and are available.
I got Pella Architecture Series casement windows from Lowes, so I can't directly answer your question. However I found ALOT of good info on the Pella website. Very detailed drawings and installation manuals and videos.

Guy

#3 Post by Guy »

Steve, We have been fortunate enough to be able to install for HD & Lowes. Personally I would use the Pella window hands down. It is much better than the American Craftsman. I also feel Lowes is a much better company than HD. This is my personal opinion only so I hope not to offend any HD lovers out there. I just feel Pella has a better product.

Good Luck!!