Anybody have experince with Simonton Profinish windows?

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
dijastrow

Anybody have experince with Simonton Profinish windows?

#1 Post by dijastrow »

I am looking to replace my windows with Sinonton Profinish replacement windows with a nailfin. I have already replaced my siding with Hardi Plank and do not want to disturb my siding. I will be removing the brick molding and interior trim and doing a complete tear out and install. Therefore I need to get windows that can be custom made to my exact sizes. I have searched around to several window distibutors here in Raleigh NC and only found two companies that would make the windows to the exact sizes I need. (Pella and Simonton) I did not care for the look of the Thermastar window by Pella. Does anyone have experience with Simonton windows or another suggestion for a window manufacture. the only issue I have with Simonton is that they do not look like a traditional window. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Windows on Washington

Re: Anybody have experince with Simonton Profinish windows?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Depending the the width of the brickmold than yes. That being said, you will not have enough room to tape the head and the sides now that the siding is on so the benefit to the nailing fin is kind of moot. The best part of the nailing fin is the water management ability when you can tape and flash. You won't be able to do either with the exception of the sill which you could do with an insert.