Can anyone help me select the best Simonton window?

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
dijastrow

Can anyone help me select the best Simonton window?

#1 Post by dijastrow »

I currently have double hung wooden windows installed in my house. I am looking to replace them with Simonton vinyl windows. I have heard great things about Simonton and can purchase them without being a contractor. If possible I would like to get a window looks as close to the wooden windows from the exterior since all my neighbors are replacing their windows with wooden windows. The supply house that carries the Simonton window only has a Reflections series to show me. From what I have read this is Simontons lower end model. I have been told that the Impressions 9800 may be a better window for my installation. I see on their site they also have a Prism series. Does anyone know the difference between the Simonton series? If so can you please advise me on which window might be best for me? Thank you for your help.

Windows on Washington

Re: Can anyone help me select the best Simonton window?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Performance numbers are equivalent.

The Impressions 9800, is designed to look more like a wood window.

Skydawggy.

#3 Post by Skydawggy. »

The Reflections, Prism and Generations series are all basically the same window. Within those 3 catagories, Simonton makes 3 basic windows. The Reflections as an example comes in a 5050, 5300, and 5500 series with ascending quality. Same with the Prism, the Prism Bronze is equal to the Reflection 5050, the Ultra Gold which is equal to the Reflections 5300 and the Prism Platinum which is equal to the Reflections 5500. The reasons have to do with the way Simonton has set up it's distributors.

The Generations is a private label window that has a better warranty than the Reflections or the Prism.

dijastrow

#4 Post by dijastrow »

Has anyone used the Impression 9800 window? If so what did you think of the quality of the window compared to other vinyl replacement windows.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I use the 5050, 5300, 5500. Mostly I use the 5500 series, if my customer wants something better/different then we do maintance free ext wood interior, Marvin, Eagle, Andersen, Pella.

MED

#6 Post by MED »

If you're looking for woodgrains, you may want to check out Simonton's new Decorum collection onf designer interior woodgrain laminates--Contemporary Oak, Maple and Antique Cherry. They also offer custom hardware options in brushed nickel, dark bronze, antiqur bronze, and more. http://www.simonton.com./decorum