soft lite imperial ls installation

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
petras52

soft lite imperial ls installation

#1 Post by petras52 »

my window installer usually installs simonton window inserts..are there any differences with imperial ls insert installation or tips that I can pass along?..thanks

HomeSealed

Re: soft lite imperial ls installation

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

No... And at the risk of insulting your installer, I highly recommend that you do not attempt to give him "tips". I've seen this happen in the past where the installer says something to the effect of "great, then do it yourself". If you are trusting that this person is competent to install windows for you then let him do his job... If not, then find someone else.... I apologize if I'm not understanding your question, as it seems contradictory that you've posted in the diy section, but you are asking about what your installer should do???

petras52

Re: soft lite imperial ls installation

#3 Post by petras52 »

HomeSealed wrote:No... And at the risk of insulting your installer, I highly recommend that you do not attempt to give him "tips". I've seen this happen in the past where the installer says something to the effect of "great, then do it yourself". If you are trusting that this person is competent to install windows for you then let him do his job... If not, then find someone else.... I apologize if I'm not understanding your question, as it seems contradictory that you've posted in the diy section, but you are asking about what your installer should do???
You're right, question was posted in the wrong section..I think the reason I asked is because the installer if fairly new in the business but I do believe he will do a good job..just wanted to know if there were any differences in installation techniques among different window brands..