My Simonton window installations

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
bschulz

My Simonton window installations

#1 Post by bschulz »

Wasn't a fan of getting vinyl windows. But the wife won that battle.
I've become a fan now that's for sure.
These 9800's put the Pella Architects that I'm replacing to shame. I highly recommend these windows. They aint no cheap vinyl windows from years past.

Good planning always pays off.

I have ordered sill extender that comes in 21' pieces. I will be able to finish window to brick with this using no aluminum. Just trim down the extender and snap in place.

The bottom of the f channel for soffit will be installed just at top of integrated J channel. WIndow is padded out 1/2' farther then wall to allow for insulated siding.

Windows on Washington

Re: My Simonton window installations

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Looks good.

Be sure to skip tape the WRB at the head on the window and I would prefer to see some self sealing flashing tape on the jambs as well as a one piece flexible sill pan flashing.

Spray foam those gaps in that brick opening as well as from the inside on that wood opening.

Keep up the nice work. :D

bschulz

#3 Post by bschulz »

There is flex tape installed. But I went a little cheap and got 6" certainteed flex. Plan on using foam on all windows. I didnt tape the WRB at header at all yet. And plan on using foam on windows. Can't see how I can weatherize the jambs and sills on the windows in block. But I will caulk well with OSI.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

bschulz wrote:There is flex tape installed. But I went a little cheap and got 6" certainteed flex. Plan on using foam on all windows. I didnt tape the WRB at header at all yet. And plan on using foam on windows. Can't see how I can weatherize the jambs and sills on the windows in block. But I will caulk well with OSI.
Foam will get in there pretty easily from the backside on the brick windows.

drock

#5 Post by drock »

Windows look good!! Where did you buy those windows for yourself? Around central Ohio, looks like most dealers want to install and not sell to public.

Thanks in advance!