Replacement hardware for aluminum sliding windows

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
hawkwms

Replacement hardware for aluminum sliding windows

#1 Post by hawkwms »

Hello,
We just moved into a house that was built around 1978. The windows are aluminum frame. I don't know the brand, as any markings/lables are long gone. The hardware for the sliders and latches are nylon and most of the nylon hardware is broken. The parts I need to replace consist of nylon corner pieces with a small protruding peg right at the corner that goes into the guide slot and keeps the windows in the tracks. The catches are nylonspring loaded latches that go into a triangular notch in the guide rail. I have found surface mounted latches, labled tilt latches, but the ones on our windows are inset into a groove in the surface of the window.

The bad part is that some of these are verticle sliders and they won't stay up without the broken latches. I havesearched the internet, but have been unable to locate the correct kind. Can anyone help me with a source for replacement parts and instructions on how to remove/replace the broken parts?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments
Window Latch & Guide Rail
Window Latch & Guide Rail
Window Latch<br />&amp; Guide Rail
Window Latch
& Guide Rail

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacement hardware for aluminum sliding windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Find one that isn't broken and take a picture of it and send to these folks.

https://blainewindow.com/

TheWindowNerd

Re: Replacement hardware for aluminum sliding windows

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

OP: it looks to me like you are looking at storm window sash. The top guides and bottom latches are normally pin punched into place. Once you find the part you either have to drive out the old parts and or spread the channels to remove them. Then insert the new parts and close the channels and or pin punch into place.

theWindowNerd.