TrimQuick?

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
ajaye

TrimQuick?

#1 Post by ajaye »

So if you saw my thread in the other section you know that I know have to remove the trimquick from every window and see for myself what all was (or wasn't) done.

Can anyone recommend where to get this stuff for a decent deal? These clowns did such a horrendous job with it, some pcs cut at bad angles then they gave up and overlapped most of them at the corners, just want to replace it and erase those two dudes' existences from my memory.

Windows on Washington

Re: TrimQuick?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would just trim it out with real wood/PVC interior stops.

Trim Quik ships in bulk most times and is not cost efficient for an application like yours.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Is it just a flat white vinyl peel and stick?

ajaye

#4 Post by ajaye »

TheWindowNerd wrote:Is it just a flat white vinyl peel and stick?
Correct, and I wouldn't mind going with a nicer-looking trim. I have no idea what my options are. I'm also starting to wonder if I'm fighting an uphill battle. The trim leaves most of the adhesive backing on the window frame, which is almost like a thin foam or double sided tape. Between trying to clean this crap off, scraping caulking inside and out etc., am I just better off getting a new freaking window at this point? I want to kill these guys...

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I don't know.
We just reinstalled 17 windows for a customer, which is harder than an original install.
As far as trim goes the typical is to us shoe molding if a primed white wood trim is what you are looking for. There are other profiles that will also work.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

This place has it. The 1" is not available per piece but if you go to the wider trim you can get it per piece. It comes in 12' pieces.
http://www.vinylvisions.net/

While I did post a place that has it up above, we don't use it on a general basis in our company. We usually custom cut either custom stained or primed wood stops around the interior of the window to give a nicer custom look. Many times it is just 1/2" x 3/4" base shoe but all depending on what the opening needs to look correct it can be thicker/richer looking wood stops.