anderson window grilles

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
schatze

anderson window grilles

#1 Post by schatze »

Is there another company that makes wood grilles for anderson double hung window? Or, a discount site?

JScott

#2 Post by JScott »

These are patented. You will need to go through Andersen.

tru_blue

Re: anderson window grilles

#3 Post by tru_blue »

schatze wrote:Is there another company that makes wood grilles for anderson double hung window? Or, a discount site?
There are many "local" companies that will make or distribute generic custom window grilles to fit Andersen and other brands. To get grilles like Andersen's however, you would have to go through an Andersen dealer. Their grilles are pretty nice compared to the generic ones out there. To find a manufacturer of generic grilles (both vinyl and wood), I'd suggest using the phone book and calling local millwork distributors, lumber yards, etc. One company that services the midwest is JJJ Specialty Company (located in Minneapolis, you can Google them), which makes THOUSANDS of generic grilles every year. However, they only cover the midwest states, and sell through distributors only. Their prices are pretty cheap, but again they're not as nice as Andersen's. Good luck!

mark12345

Andersen Window Grilles

#4 Post by mark12345 »

I was able to purchase replacement grilles for my Andersen Windows from a company I found online called Big Blue Window. The website is www.bigbluewindow.com. I am impressed. They even had a grille profile that was almost identical to my existing ones in my Andersen Windows that didn't need the grille replaced. I was also impressed with the turnaround time. I placed the order online (very good web ordering system by the way) and the grilles were shipped to me in 4 days. Top notch construction too. Much better than I was anticipating. To top it off, they fit like a glove.