SuperSpacer? How can I tell?

Spacer Talk - Swiggle? Super Spacer? What Are They?
chrisexv6

SuperSpacer? How can I tell?

#1 Post by chrisexv6 »

Just wondering if there is an easy way to tell if a product has SuperSpacer in it without having it documented.

Local installer gave me a sample window that is a TrimLok2 by Mastic (Alcoa). Found something on the net that says the TrimLok2 has "warm edge technology" whcih points at SuperSpacer. If I look at the spacer, it sorta looks like a squiggle spacer, but not quite (I saw a Certainteed Bryn Mawr and that *definitely* had a squiggle spacer).

Any ideas? pics would be helpful too.

Thanks!
-Chris

Dan

#2 Post by Dan »

The current Mastic/Earthwise manufacturers use one of 3 spacer systems. The official spacer of our Earthwise is Super Spacer. A couple of our group use Intercept and a few use duraseal. The only members of our group who still use the Mastic name currently use either Intercept or Super Spacer. The one who uses Super Spacer (C& S in Conneticut) recently switched from swiggle to Super Spacer so there is a good chance the sample window you have could have swiggle.

The Standard Super Spacer has a dark charcoal color which looks similar to swiggle. Super Spacer is smooth in appearance whereas swiggle can appear to have cup marks on the surface. Short of taking the glass out of the window that is the best that I can describe the difference.

For more information visit the Earthwise site at www.earthwisewindows.com . Some of the Earthwise members are still using the Mastic name.

chrisexv6

#3 Post by chrisexv6 »

I was wondering if you knew of any way to get more specs on the C&S windows. Ive tried emailing them but got no response (havent tried a phonen call yet).

My installer only has an old sample window, I was hoping they would have newer ones or at least upgrades (the sample I have now doesnt have welded frames, just welded sashes).

Thanks in advance!
-Chris

Dan

#4 Post by Dan »

I believe they still make one model with a mechanically fastened frame. I'm pretty sure they also make a line of fully welded products. I would suggest that you give them a phone call just to make sure you get the information you want.

You would be amazed how bad a sample window can look after spending a year or so in a salesmans trunk.

Good Luck!