Super Spacer

Spacer Talk - Swiggle? Super Spacer? What Are They?
DWS

Super Spacer

#1 Post by DWS »

A quick question. Does Super spacer have any structural issues when being used in triple pane glass.

earwax

#2 Post by earwax »

no

DWS

#3 Post by DWS »

I guess thats what I get for asking a closed ended question. LOL
The reason that I ask is the manufacture that I purchase windows from uses ppg warm edge in all its standard windows, but uses super spacer in all its special shapes. I sell triple pane in most my windows but they don't offer triple pane in their special shapes, I was wondering if this was because of superspacer. The last time I was at the plant I asked one of the engineers why we don't use super spacer in all our products. The answer I was give was typical coming from a engineer but to sum it up he basically said that there were ups and down both ways. I guess thats a smooth way of saying until the spacer machine breaks down were staying with what we got. So whats the facts, whats the ups and downs of super spacer.

DWS

#4 Post by DWS »

I ask this question again, because I have noticed small hair line cracks in the super spacers, typically on the bottom of windows that have been in for a couple of years. No seal faliure as of yet, but is this common. I have seen it in Monarch Clad windows and Precision Entry systems.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not sure that the super spacer is very accomodating for triple glazed options. I appears that alot of manufacturers got with other options in their triple glazed units or do not even offer the super spacer in that glass pack.

I know that some manufacturers go with a thermo plastic option in triple glazed units as opposed to the super spacer.

windowmann2000

#6 Post by windowmann2000 »

Edgetech is one of the most user friendly mfrg's I've ever dealt with, if your a dealer. I've requested promotional materials and instead of a large envelope I got boxes of goodies. The only test info I ever requested was the DIN fog test. But a phone call to them will get you any info you may want.
The mfrg's we deal with all make the units correctly and some use there premium grade which has better specs. I still prefer it over any system on the market but quality will vary from mfrg to mfrg. I'm still waiting for my first problem in ten years with over 5000 units in the field. Probably should not have said that, but I'm knocking on wood as I type.