Kasson Keller leaky windows

Spacer Talk - Swiggle? Super Spacer? What Are They?
bad_windows

Kasson Keller leaky windows

#1 Post by bad_windows »

I have Kasson Keller windows and each year when winter comes I have to place plastic over the ones on the north side of the house, THEY LEAK AIR, the leakage is so bad they puff the plastic out, had the installer from York Pa. come out and the company is great, they checked the installation and nothing wrong, tried to tighten the windows but they still leak, I can't blame them, even the screens have a gap in it that lets the stinkbugs and flies in, installeres were surprised to see that also, Had a rep from window company come out, he was useless, came on a day not windy , he said see they don't leak. Installers did a great job, its the useless windows. I usually keep the plastic tight and use a hair dryer to keep it tight, the windows leas so bad the plastic is like a drum, bulging and puffing , glad I put the plastic up. WINDOWS POORLY MAKE in my opinon

TheWindowNerd

Re: Kasson Keller leaky windows

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

That is the reason why I think it is so important to check the AI(air infiltration) test results and suggest an AI.05 or less.

theWindowNerd...

Windows on Washington

Re: Kasson Keller leaky windows

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sorry to hear of your predicament.

Are the windows installed properly so that you can eliminate that potential source from the list of possible issues?

Anthony 100% right too. You have to look at windows better AI number in this to mitigate air leakage when possible.