Certainteed Insulate Slimline?

Share your experiences with others
jlglslmz

Certainteed Insulate Slimline?

#1 Post by jlglslmz »

Hi, Does anyone happen to know anything about the Certainteed Slimline replacement window? I happened across it on the Certainteed website, but other that that don't hear too much about it. What drew me to it was the small frame depth, 2 5/8". I have read that Certainteed is a very good window, but are all lines equal, in terms of performance and quality?

Also, the website states it has an option called the "Insulair passive fresh air ventilation system" so that you can circulate fresh air into the room wihout opening the window. Has anyone heard about this? It is the first that I have heard about.

Thanks in advance for your input.
--jlglslmz

earwax

#2 Post by earwax »

Insulate is a company Certainteed purchased a few years back out of Washington. They make a builders window. Certianteed sells it to builders of tract homes. They make a decent window. The ventilator is more for the Washington market. I am seeing more of them in california. It is a nice thing to have if you dont want to open a window. IT does take up site line. So your glass size will be smaller.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I've seen a lot of builders grade windows that ventilate without opening the window.....

......poor air infiltration ratings...... :wink:

jlglslmz

#4 Post by jlglslmz »

Thank you for the information. I guess I will have to think about the ventilator thing. I like the idea of not having to open the window and still letting in fresh air. But not if it is means drafty windows.

One more thing, you mentioned that this is a "builders grade' window. Does this equal a poorer quality window? How does it compare to the Milgard Classic or Certaineed's other lines?

earwax

#5 Post by earwax »

Like with Milgard, they have the two vinyl frames they use. (Classic and styleline). The Styleline is thier builders window. There are less options, thinner vinyl and usually lower energy ratings. That will not reflect the quality of the window as far as making the best product with the given materials, it is the materials are less in quality.