Jeld-wen (builders grade)

Share your experiences with others
sam10

Jeld-wen (builders grade)

#1 Post by sam10 »

I'm thinking of getting the Jeld-wen windows through Home Deopt - Are they good windows? I think it is the builders grade that Home Depot sells.

Thanks, Sam

Windows on Washington

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

There are better windows out there for the same money.

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

They are a decent window with a great warranty. There are better product out there, but warranty is top notch.

MamaJen

Re: Jeld-wen (builders grade)

#4 Post by MamaJen »

I can't believe that I just joined this site and you were inquiring about the HD Jen Weld windows. I have just talked with Jeld Wen about the windows at HD and they have faxed me all the info. The window at HD actually is aluminum clad wood and is the old Caradco model which now is known as the Premium Tradition Plus window which falls just below the top of the line Custom. It has a U factor of .38, SHGC factor of .31, VT of .52. With grids the SHGC is.27 and VT is .47. U Factor remains the same. This is with Low E. The numbers are the same with or without argon except the U Factor which drops to .33. As you know the lower the numbers the better. These windows also carry the Energy Star stamp as well as NFRC stamp of approval. The NFRC ratings, which are suppose to be more stringent than the ES ratings are U .40 or less, SHGC .40 or less and VT .3 to .8. I have not been able to find the Al or air leakage number but that should be less than .30. I feel like these are great windows as they are wood with a guarantee that will not rot and are impermiable to termites.

I also done research on several other windows which I will list below

AAMa by Andersen: HD: U-.35, SHGC .32, VT .51

AccuWeld: U .34 SHGC .37 VT .46

Ellison U .33 SHGC .27 VT .45 standard with Low E and argon

All of these are vinyl or al clad wood windows.

Good luck. MamaJen

crow13

#5 Post by crow13 »

I undrestand that Jeld-wen is going out of buisness

JHJ

#6 Post by JHJ »

Where did you get the info that they are going out of business? We are in the process of a warranty battle with them and that might explain their answers to our questions.