looking for a topnotch window company in virginia beach area

Share your experiences with others
vbhomeowner

looking for a topnotch window company in virginia beach area

#1 Post by vbhomeowner »

I am looking for a topnotch window installer/company in vabeach for installing simonton 5500 windows. I have looked at wood, fiberglass, and most vinyl brands, have wood and some vinyl on house now installed by previous owner (MW, Timeline and BFrich). Fiberglass nice but expensive, do not want wood because of rot issues so vinyl is the choice is otherwise would just repair what I have already. Wish EcoStar (Sky) was down here, he seems very rationale and fair.

I haved looked at U-factor, SHGC, CR, VT, and Air Infiltration. I have looked at Simonton with the ETC starter 366 or super 366 glass package which has a very low SHGC. Go to their website and hit the tax credit button on the window area. And this is probably the only way to compare between brands except beyond looks and install (which is very important based on my research).

I have neighbors with Renewal, Marvin fiberglass, Pella and Wood. They all paid a ton. I am looking at vinyl as well because several homes have done that and they look fine if capped with trim coil wrap. The former owner replaced some with MW wood casements and some with two different brands of DH vinyl (somewhat weird, one is Timeline which looks ok and other is BFrich which is ugly), looks okay but not totally.

BTW, the 3 estimates below are for white/white Simonton 5500/prism I have are for 10 DH 32x62 and 1 fixed 60x54, all with internal sculptured 5/8 inch grids, full screens for DHs, repair all rotted wood, cap with trim coil, caulk inside and out, haul all debris away including old windows. This is for base 5500/prism glass package, not ETC-366 despite that I asked for ETC 366 starter or ETC 366 super glass pricing, but none quoted me for what I asked for, amazingly. I assume this is a modest increase in price per opening for the upgraded glass packages. One guy told me no one ever had asked him about Tax Credit Glass with LoE-366, which I found as strange, and I had to point to it on the Simonton website for him. It seemed like I knew more about the windows then he did which I found disconcerting to say the least.

Company A - 5000, not sure who installs but most probably subs install.
Company B - 4850, class A contractor who has others do it, seen the work, it was good for a Pella install.
Company C - 4500, roofing and window company did neighbors house, sub contractor crew did install did a good job with Simonton 5500s.