Vinyl replacement windows in TN

Share your experiences with others
Rec329

Vinyl replacement windows in TN

#1 Post by Rec329 »

I'm looking to replace 15 single Payne windows with double hung in a house in NE TN. We've had estimates from champion, window world, thermal industries, lowes, and maybe one other that I am forgetting. Champion was by far more expensive but have lowered their estimate to $10k. I've read a lot of reviews and seen positive comments about soft lite and okna. Okna is not offered in my area and I'm not happy with the soft lite dealer? Any recommendations? I liked the owner selling the thermal industries windows but I've not read many positive reviews about those windows or others I've had estimated. The champion salesman was by far the most aggressive and I know a person that has had a lot of trouble with their windows......I'm looking to spend $8,000 to $10,000.

Any help would be much appreciated!

TheWindowNerd

Re: Vinyl replacement windows in TN

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Keep looking.
Simonton 5500 is an OK product to look at.
You need to find both the right product for you and the right installer/contractor.
Check with Soft-Lite for a different dealer.
Your budget on average is high enough to get a high performance window like HiMark 800DX, or SL Imp LS, or Sunrise Vanguard.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 to Anthony's comments. Softlite has several product lines so you should be able to find more than one dealer in your area. Sunrise, Polaris, Homguard, and Gorell all make a nice product as well, and may be available in your area.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

There are a couple of thread on here with specific experiences of folks from the Volunteer state.

Keep browsing around here and let us know what you come up with. There are better options in your state.

Rec329

#5 Post by Rec329 »

Just received an estimate for Sunrise Restorations windows at just over $10k. The estimate was for 14 double hung, 1 picture, and 4 single sliders. Does this seem reasonable? Is the omega-12 glass worth it?

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Very good product and reasonable price. Sounds like a winner to me. :D