Window World

Share your experiences with others
epolidoro

Window World

#1 Post by epolidoro »

Last year Window world replaced all the windows and a sliding glass door in my home. Parts were missing, they ripped a screen and damaged our bed frame. To date they have never returned to finish the install. They dropped a window during the install and broke the track. About half of the windows they installed do not lock or close properly. After repeated calls to them I've given up. They told me they would return in about a week to finish the install. They never returned. It's now been over a year. Stay away from Window World of Waco!

Windows on Washington

Re: Window World

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Have you contacted the BBB or gotten in touch with the owner specifically?

epolidoro

#3 Post by epolidoro »

I haven't contacted the BBB but I've had several conversations with the owners of Window World of Waco to no avail.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

I'd contact WW corporate headquarters to see what they might have to say. I'd bet my life if you hadn't paid them they would be calling you everyday to get things right and assure that they can collect the balance.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Delaware Mike wrote:I'd contact WW corporate headquarters to see what they might have to say. I'd bet my life if you hadn't paid them they would be calling you everyday to get things right and assure that they can collect the balance.
+1

I would move this up to Window World corporate.

While I am not a huge fan of the product, they do seem to do a good job or running their businesses and I am sure they would like to know about your experience.

epolidoro

#6 Post by epolidoro »

I will take your advise and contact corporate. By the way, they were not paid in full. I, like you, thought for sure they would come back to finish so they could collect the balance due. They just don't seem interested or are too busy. I also had another thought. That being that there was so much additional work to do they were going to lose money. I'm not sure, just confused and frustrated.

Randy

#7 Post by Randy »

I also had another thought. That being that there was so much additional work to do they were going to lose money.
You very well may be correct. Regardless, they should make things right. I agree with the counsel of the others.

epolidoro

#8 Post by epolidoro »

Thanks to all for your advice. I'll proceed with proper follow up action.

aiaalisa

#9 Post by aiaalisa »

tsk tsk tsk.. customer service is the most important and providing the best quality of their products and services should be their top priority. By the way, have you called them back after that?

epolidoro

#10 Post by epolidoro »

Suprisingly Window world contacted me last week. The owner sent his son out to view my concerns. He listed the problems I had, ordered a new window and said he would personally come back in about three weeks to finish the install and repair the problems. As a side note, the windows that were not closing properly was due to the fact that I was not closing them properly. Seems that you have to slightly push in on the center of the window to get the upper and lower lips on the window frame to interlock. Felt stupid when he showed me but I never knew there was another step to closing the window. I will wait the three weeks and see what happens. I have very little confidence they will come bck to finish but I've been wrong before.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#11 Post by masterext »

Thats a common mistake homeowners make; not pushing the top sash up hard enough or not pushing the bottom sash down far enough.
Glad to see your problem is getting resolved.