Okna Window Quote

Share your experiences with others
wbrindley

Okna Window Quote

#1 Post by wbrindley »

We have a 30 year old home on a lake in Reston, Virginia (outside DC). We want to replace the windows and have been researching best in class windows and getting quotes. The best we have to date is a quote from a local Okna dealer for model 400 windows.

Is it worth upgrading to:
- triple pane?
- 500 model?
- insulation?

Also, on the price point front, we have 7 sliding doors in our home because we have a wonderful view of the lake. For example, on 6' SGD with 4 point lock is being quoted at $1,775 per window. Price includes installation, low e/argon gas and exterior color to match required by homeowners association. Is that a fair price?

Thank you for your help.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Okna Window Quote

#2 Post by masterext »

The 400 is a solid window , very good air leakage number..those are very good numbers as well.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would for sure do the 500 DX(with foam).
I am not the biggest fan of TP(triple pane), but I would look at the cost and eval on the available of budget.
That is a great door and price.
If I was you I highly-highly suggest that you talk to Windows on Washington. Eric, Joe, Tara and the whole team are top excellent.

theWindowNerd...

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. I prefer the 800dx as the best choice, but the 500dx is excellent as well. I'd try to swing that over the 400 for sure. Great price on the doors, that's actually very aggressive with a bronze exterior and 4 pt lock.