alside mezzo

Share your experiences with others
Windows on Washington

Re: alside mezzo

#16 Post by Windows on Washington »

No sure how the market is in your area as it pertains to what dealers are where and how many there are of each.

In this area, there is more than one Okna dealer but that price you have there would be competitive on that window with those options.

HomeSealed

#17 Post by HomeSealed »

Mac vs PC with similar specs would be like Softlite elements vs Okna. The Mezzo imo would be more the discount off-brand that has a similar speed processor, but half the memory and other cutbacks.
Regarding the install, there are more variables that would dictate pricing fairness, but that is within the range of reason.
Where are you located? Most markets actually do have more than one dealer, although Okna and other high end offerings do limit the distribution of their products so that they don't tarnish their reputation due to bad companies or poor installers.

newhomeowner1234

#18 Post by newhomeowner1234 »

i am in limerick pa 19468. i found another okna dealer but okna didn't tell me about them! he said he installs starmark/okna? I am assuming that is the enviro star by okna.

newhomeowner1234

#19 Post by newhomeowner1234 »

Also, I am throwing a simonton 5500 into the mix since we might not have the money to pay for the high end okna. I saw someone ask this question, but didn't see it answered:
I'm also interested in the Krypton gas upgrade as I understand it doubles the density of the insulating gap- do you recommend this? If the choice were between increasing the gap by 1/8" or changing the gas, which do you think makes a more substantial difference? and which spacer is recommended - the stainless steel or foam?

Windows on Washington

#20 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not a huge fan of the Super Space even though it is non-metallic. I have seen issue with Grid alignment over time with a spacer that doesn't have some strength.

Krypton is worthless until you get into the triple pane options with the tight IGU spacing.

newhomeowner1234

#21 Post by newhomeowner1234 »

or for 2200 i can do a - Soft Lite (Classic) model with foam insulated sash and frame. is the soft lite classic better than a simonton 5500?

Windows on Washington

#22 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would say it is.

The Classic is an older model but still well built and superior in that comparative.

HomeSealed

#23 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. I'd take SL Classic over Simonton, however the Pro or Bainbridge from SL would be better at generally a meager price difference.
As Wow also stated, the krypton is really application specific. It NEEDS a more narrow chamber as in triple pane glass to be beneficial. That said, I'd take a great window with triple/argon or even double pane over a middling window(or worse) with triple krypton.

newhomeowner1234

#24 Post by newhomeowner1234 »

so i can get a softlite pro triple pane - 4 for 2600 or okna 800 - 4 for 3500. is okna worth that much more? or soft lite a good deal.

Windows on Washington

#25 Post by Windows on Washington »

Is the 800 double or triple pane?

If it is triple pane, its a toss up in my book but probably still leaning towards the Soft-Lite. If its double pane, that Soft-Lite is the much better deal.

newhomeowner1234

#26 Post by newhomeowner1234 »

double pane 800 with okna

newhomeowner1234

#27 Post by newhomeowner1234 »

oh thank you wonderful windows forum people!

newhomeowner1234

#28 Post by newhomeowner1234 »

now i am concerned about the install process. in all your expertise, is there anything that is a red flag that if the DON'T say they are going to do it I should be concerned? this is all it says concerning install: all windows custom made. price includes any construction to fit windows into existing areas. All walls to be wrapped with insulation. All windows to be capped, cut back or wrapped (as necessary) and caulked. price includes hauling away old materials.