Reliabilt vs Simonton windows and costs

Share your experiences with others
tiger3

Reliabilt vs Simonton windows and costs

#1 Post by tiger3 »

Thank you in advance for replying to this post and giving me an expert advice.

Shopping for replacement vinyl windows, trying to get the best quality for the low price...

We are planning to stay in this house for another 20 years. We live in metro Atlanta, GA.

I need to replace 6 vinyl windows, double hung: one for the dining room, one master bedroom, and one above bathtub in the bathroom.

I read consumer reports rating and learned that Reliabilt is a good choice for hot and humid climate and it was a pick for the quality for that price range. It is definitely not the best but something within my budget.

I got 3 quotes. Please tell me which one is the most reasonable or if I need to keep looking.

Prices include windows, installation, warranty on the labor and the product.

1. Great view windows sold by Capital Remodeling: $4816 (seems really high to me)
2. Lowe's Reliabilt 3201 with 3/4" grids, ultra low e and argon gas: $2764 (the winner so far)
3. Home Depot Simonton6100 Vantage Pointe: $3475.54

This project is driven by one broken panel on my dining room window and the other 2 not being the best in terms of insulation from cold/hot air.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!!

Windows on Washington

Re: Reliabilt vs Simonton windows and costs

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Of those three, #3 looks the best.

The Reliabilt is not a well regarded window by most pros that have dealt with it.

Have you looked at other than Lowes/Home Depot? You are probably far better suited to get a quote from a dedicated exterior contractor.

tiger3

#3 Post by tiger3 »

Thank you for responding! I will keep that in mind.

TLHWINDOW

#4 Post by TLHWINDOW »

I would stay away from the VP6100. The thin frame can be a major issue because there is less wiggle room on the install to screw up. If you are Big Box store bound, the VP6500 is a better.

But I would go with WoW on this one. Look around for local installers, call supply companies if you need to for names/references. They will sell the VP6100 as a Simonton Asure and the VP6500 as the 5050. I think you will find a comparable price and better installation.

Bill

#5 Post by Bill »

The Vantage Point 6100 is the Reflections 5050 and the Vantage Point 6500 is the Reflections 5500. I have not seen the Asure re-branded for Home Depot as of yet.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The 5500 being a better Simonton offering still leaks way to much air.
I would look for anything with an AI < .05
Some windows that meet or exceed that are Okna 800, 500, or 400, Softlite, and Sunrise Vanguard.