OKNA 500 or Vytex Fortis

Share your experiences with others
jknight118

OKNA 500 or Vytex Fortis

#1 Post by jknight118 »

Just a quick question as I am new to vinyl replacement windows and have had about 2 million estimates. I think I have narrowed my selection down to 2 vendors. The estimates I received are only $300 difference which isn't a big deal. I just want the better of the two and I am not sure which one that is. OKNA 500 or Vytex Fortis. Can someone knowledgeable please shed some light on this for me as I have no idea about windows.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: OKNA 500 or Vytex Fortis

#2 Post by masterext »

Where are you located? I know vytex is readily available in the Maryland/Virginia/ DC area.
The Vytex fortis is a sharp looking window with some great efficiency numbers. Its very well designed.
You may also want to look at the Vytex Potomac which is a step above the fortis. I think Vytex goes all the way to new jersey and new york.
I am fairly certain that "Windows on Washington" serve your area if thats where you live.
Before you make a decision, i would contact them and speak with Eric. He is a great guy and runs a tight ship. I would even ask if he can show you the Okna 800 series.
Last edited by masterext on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

jknight118 wrote:Just a quick question as I am new to vinyl replacement windows and have had about 2 million estimates. I think I have narrowed my selection down to 2 vendors. The estimates I received are only $300 difference which isn't a big deal. I just want the better of the two and I am not sure which one that is. OKNA 500 or Vytex Fortis. Can someone knowledgeable please shed some light on this for me as I have no idea about windows.
Few observations:
1) Nice job is selecting product! Those are two very good choices. The performance ratings as well as visible glass area will slightly favor the Okna, but again, both are pretty darn good.

2) If you haven't considered the 800, I'd definitely check it out. I'd place it above both of the other choices decisively.

3) Give strong consideration to the installation quality and dealer. With price being no object, picking the company that you feel will do a better job and have more trust in should get proper weight.

Randy

#4 Post by Randy »

I agree with the others.Both windows are great choices, but don't overlook the installation. Use of closed cell foam, applied around the perimeter during installation, along with other details can make a big difference in long term performance. Windows on Washington is a very highly recommended company because of their product offerings, detailed installation system, and exceptional customer service. I'd highly recommend contacting them if you're in their service area.

jknight118

#5 Post by jknight118 »

Thanks for the help. WoW is in my service area and I am giving them the job. Eric is probably the nicest guy I ever met to take my money. Lol..... I am upgrading my kitchen window to the OKNA 800 but am putting the 500's in my bedrooms. I live in a townhouse and will probably be in it 5 years max. Not sure if upgrading everything to 800 is a good idea

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Congrats on the choice! Eric runs a great operation over there, and I feel like you got the right product as well. You won't be disappointed. :D

marty

#7 Post by marty »

Hi I am interested in the VA area as well.