Pella Reserve

Share your experiences with others
TheWindowNerd

Pella Reserve

#1 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Pella has finally stepped up to the plate and done what needs to be done in the wood clad market...
They are offering a lifetime warranty on all clad wood windows.
Pella Reserve is full extruded exterior, no roll form.
About time, nice job Pella.
We will have to wait and see how the other major clad wood mfg react and up their warranties.
Noe all we need to do is get them to concentrate on AL.

uncle eddie

Re: Pella Reserve

#2 Post by uncle eddie »

TheWindowNerd wrote:Pella has finally stepped up to the plate and done what needs to be done in the wood clad market...
They are offering a lifetime warranty on all clad wood windows.
Pella Reserve is full extruded exterior, no roll form.
About time, nice job Pella.
We will have to wait and see how the other major clad wood mfg react and up their warranties.
Noe all we need to do is get them to concentrate on AL.
Congrats pella, you made a window that is slightly less crappy. We'll see if this new product somehow changes their track record of bad custumer service and quality

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

It is difficult for me to understand how they( clad wood window mfg) can ignore the high air leakage test results.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I have to be honest, I find that lifetime warranty a bit disingenuous. It covers the wood except for damage from condensation and frost. Their upgrade to an extruded exterior was due many years ago when others went that route, so I guess a half-hearted pat on the back could be in order for that. I can't really get excited about the warranty upgrade though since so many wood clad windows fail due exactly to the condensation issue that is precluded from coverage. Personally I think the 10 year warranty on wood was a bit more realistic... Up here in WI we deal with substantial condensation issues during the winter months, so I will admit, perhaps this issue is more regional.