Renewal by Andersen (RBA) wants over $2500.00 per window!

Share your experiences with others
TheNickster

Renewal by Andersen (RBA) wants over $2500.00 per window!

#1 Post by TheNickster »

Well, it's 2017 and Renewal by Anderson (RBA) just quoted me a little over $2500.00 per window installed! I have 65 x 39 (horizontal) slider windows and was quoted almost $23,000 dollars to replace 9 (nine!) identical ones in my ranch-style home! Granted, these were full-frame, wood-veneer inside and using their best quality glass but c'mon - the most expensive aluminum-clad windows I found from other manufacturers are about $800/each and if I went with fiberglass-clad I could get that down to about $300.00 each. To add a french-style patio door was another $5,000 so for about $28,000 I could have had the entire job done by RBA. Sorry, I get that these are good windows, but no way in h-e-double toothpick am I going to drop nearly thirty grand on 9 windows and a door.

Oh...and those quotes were AFTER they had taken 20% off and another 8% and another 3% if I ordered the same day as the presentation. The full (non-discounted) quote for these 9 windows and a patio door was $40,000!!

Anybody else find these prices ridiculous and if so, who did you wind up going with??

Windows on Washington

Re: Renewal by Andersen (RBA) wants over $2500.00 per window!

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

That is aggressive.

Do you have an inkling of what you want in terms of an aesthetic and performance?

Mickynut

#3 Post by Mickynut »

I think it's really expensive. Is there a way to get a discount? I think it's too expensive.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I'm not sure what, if any, room they have in their pricing model.

They definitely sell the fibrex and RBA story, so they ask for a premium.

Project Hero

#5 Post by Project Hero »

I'm a decent grinder and had no luck trying to squeeze them down on a quote I got years ago.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

There are a a handful of windows that are hitting the market now that will have much of the aesthetic of the Andersen, but with world's better performance and a triple pane option in them. Keep looking...you will find the right product.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

Project Hero wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:55 pm I'm a decent grinder and had no luck trying to squeeze them down on a quote I got years ago.
Usually, buying windows from a reputable company is NOT like going to a flea market and attempting to chew the price down. Most companies give bottom line pricing based on their fixed costs. Thats why many companies simply walk away from a prospective customer rather than lose money.

Delaware Mike

#8 Post by Delaware Mike »

The real kicker with RBA would be "how much does that window really cost or is worth" without Andersen's huge marketing exposure in TV, radio, and newspaper exposure?

Constantin66

#9 Post by Constantin66 »

TheNickster wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 am Well, it's 2017 and Renewal by Anderson (RBA) just quoted me a little over $2500.00 per window installed! I have 65 x 39 (horizontal) slider windows and was quoted almost $23,000 dollars to replace 9 (nine!) identical ones in my ranch-style home! Granted, these were full-frame, wood-veneer inside and using their best quality glass but c'mon - the most expensive aluminum-clad windows I found from other manufacturers are about $800/each and if I went with fiberglass-clad I could get that down to about $300.00 Rachat de crédit trésorerie travaux each. To add a french-style patio door was another $5,000 so for about $28,000 I could have had the entire job done by RBA. Sorry, I get that these are good windows, but no way in h-e-double toothpick am I going to drop nearly thirty grand on 9 windows and a door.
Oh...and those quotes were AFTER they had taken 20% off and another 8% and another 3% if I ordered the same day as the presentation. The full (non-discounted) quote for these 9 windows and a patio door was $40,000!!

Anybody else find these prices ridiculous and if so, who did you wind up going with??
ello everyone. Thank you for exposing this with us, I think it's important because I followed your discussion, I have a question in passing?

TheWindowNerd

#10 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The best option is to select a different window.
I can install Andersen's most expensive A or E series for less than a RBA insert window. That is just price consideration.
If you look at energy performance and no drafts Okna 800DX, SL LS or a few others are 1/3 the cost.
Amazing there is one born everyday.