Test post

New to this kind of Forum; use this test area to sumbit test posts, replies, and try out your smiles!
NC Rob

Test post

#1 Post by NC Rob »

Hello All,

After having two of the existing wood windows replaced in my 1993 built home in the last eighteen months, I've decided that it's time to bite the bullet and have all of them replaced. My home has 26 windows total, 24 traditional double hung of a few sizes and 2 specialty half rounds. I've already gotten a few quotes from the national vendors before I found this site, and realized I don't have any quotes for more mid-range or higher end windows. But the following is what I've been bid so far with all companies in their double hung dual pane product and adding tempered glass where needed, and Oriel style frames in the existing locations:

Soft-lite Nirvana from Zen Windows - $16,400
Alside Mezzo from Window World (as their 4000 series) - $13,200
Champion Comfort 365 - $28,900
Renewal By Anderson - $52,800 (on only 24 windows)

With quotes seemingly all across the board, it's hard to get a sense of what reasonably quality windows should cost. I finally found a smaller company that has Sunrise models (Leapin10 out of Burlington) in the area that will come out for a quote in a few weeks.

But I would really appreciate any feedback on what a reasonable range looks like for the central NC area. Renewal by Anderson is so far out of line I have to throw it out. And even Champion is over $1,100 a window which also seems out of line. So am I just underestimating how much windows cost now? Also if anyone has recommendations on installers or other windows I should be looking at in the Greensboro, High Point, Raleigh areas please share!