ACCORDING TO OUR SHUCO WINDOW CONTRACT...

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jimkas

ACCORDING TO OUR SHUCO WINDOW CONTRACT...

#1 Post by jimkas »

ACCORDING TO OUR CONTRACT the windows and sliding door are ALL SUPPOSED TO BE TRIPLE LOW-E GLASS and FULLY krypton insulated?

The dealers rep called us back AFTER pricing and PLACING OUR ORDER and told us that we COULD NOT get the
1 - picture window 70" x 51.5" in triple low-E glass, ONLY DOUBLE LOW-E.

He said there is NO PRICE CHANGE FOR THE DOUBLE LOW-E, and we still get the heat guarantee.
WHAT CAN WE DO WHEN the rep has made the mistake on our contract where the contract says;
"ALL UNITS ARE TRIPLE LOW-E GLASS."

comments apreciated

Guy

#2 Post by Guy »

Make them right a new contract or attach a change order. You should receive a discount usually. Triple pane glass is more than double pane glass. Get it in writing, no matter what.

Guy

Richard Kaller

Re: ACCORDING TO OUR SHUCO WINDOW CONTRACT...

#3 Post by Richard Kaller »

jimkas wrote:ACCORDING TO OUR CONTRACT the windows and sliding door are ALL SUPPOSED TO BE TRIPLE LOW-E GLASS and FULLY krypton insulated?

The dealers rep called us back AFTER pricing and PLACING OUR ORDER and told us that we COULD NOT get the
1 - picture window 70" x 51.5" in triple low-E glass, ONLY DOUBLE LOW-E.

He said there is NO PRICE CHANGE FOR THE DOUBLE LOW-E, and we still get the heat guarantee.
WHAT CAN WE DO WHEN the rep has made the mistake on our contract where the contract says;
"ALL UNITS ARE TRIPLE LOW-E GLASS."

comments apreciated
Jimkass,

Due to the complexity and limitations of the replacement window business it is not uncommon for a salesperson to make a mistake. Due to size limitations or weight of the glass some window sizes cannot be triple pane. If the salesperson had no prior experience regarding this limitation they could have misspoke.

When this happens (again, not that uncommon) the technical department pushes back the order to sales so the difference can be clarified with the owner.

There is probably no discount owed because the price list never had triple pane, and the original price quoted was for the double pane, i.e., you were not overcharged

If in doubt ask the salesperson to produce their price lists and see how they calculated the contract amount.

Richard Kaller

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I made the same mistake when I started selling Schuco. The triple is not available in as large of PW's as I was used to.

Richard could be right in his assessment of how he priced it. Ask your salesman.

You can always demand a little $ off to accept it if that would make you feel better about it.
Sorry about your mix-up. Hopefully, the rest of your experience will be great.

rsb66

#5 Post by rsb66 »

I just purchased 14 Double hungs, a Bay window and patio slider. My contract says " all Shuco windows are triple pane, krypton filled, with TPS spacer system and steel reinforcement". Though the salesman did qualify that by saying that the patio slider and Bay units would be double pane as they would be too heavy as a triple pane. I'm not worried.