Thinking Schuco? Any opinions?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
tbonifant

Thinking Schuco? Any opinions?

#1 Post by tbonifant »

My husband and I are contemplating whether or not to use Schuco to replace our old aluminum crank outs. This is our first house so we really have very little knowledge about replacement windows. The Schuco dealer was very informative, litlle too enthusiastic about his thrre ring binder full of newspaper clippings and why choose us literature, but overall a very impressive product was presented. We were a little confused on how he come up with the price of the windows starting at $12815 for 1 - 3 lite slider (104x49), 5 DH (all 52x37)(yes wider than high), 1 awning (20x25), 1 awning (36x231/2), 3 DH (36x37) and magically bringing the price down to $8272 (add another $600 total for unfinished pine interior and $60 per window if we want the grilles). That will include a wriiten guarantee of a 40% savings in heating/cooling costs monthly or they will give us $500). He only gave us a week to decide and he would still give us the $8272 price. When they called to set up the initial estimate they said the estimate would be good for a year, but he said the $12815 was only good for a year when we later asked him about. We like the product but not the salesman. Any advice?? He also stated the windows would be placed over our existing old marble sills, is this standard installation procedure, because I would really like to have them removed as well as the drywall damage from codensation fixed. What do we do??