Energex Windows by deceuninck

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
CuriousGeorge

Energex Windows by deceuninck

#1 Post by CuriousGeorge »

Anyone familiar with the energex windows by affinity. I think they use deceuninck extrusions etc.

How do they compare with simonton or okna ?

Thanks.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Energex Windows by deceuninck

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

CuriousGeorge wrote:Anyone familiar with the energex windows by affinity. I think they use deceuninck extrusions etc.

How do they compare with simonton or okna ?

Thanks.
It looks like it would be a nice performing window by it's components. Several features remind me of features in the Imperial LS and the Okna 800. But, I've never seen one of these. It's hard to give a real review of it without seeing it and using it for a couple years.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Looks like a pretty nice product as Window4U indicated.

I would like to see a few more chambers in the extrusion if I were going to be critical and the frame size appears to be on the larger size.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

deceuninck make some high quality vinyl extrusions. i'm sure they have budget extrusions as well but this one in particular is high quality and nice. Deceunick make the extrusions and sell them to various companies.. they offer something called the " the Elite " that is much different than the regular energex. a few companies offer their own versions of the Elite while most just offer the standard energex which is ok..
the Elite is a fantastic window and is very nice looking. a company called Affinity Windows sell their version of the Elite and its a real head turner.. they even have a few distinct features. very well made and very good performance numbers. definitely in the top 3 of high quality windows.
Last edited by masterext on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CuriousGeorge

#5 Post by CuriousGeorge »

I am new to the windows and slowly doing my research. I think the spacer is superspacer, and they are offering free upgrade to triple pane R5 for 360$ installed (energex).

Okna 800 was also quoted by them for about the same price. Both windows seem to have an air infiltration of 0.01.

As I have seen posts about okna 800 in the forums, but hardly any posts about energex or deceuninck, I was not sure what kind of windows these were.

So any of your expert opinions about these windows would be greatly appreciated. Also evaluating windows by Northeast building products.

Thanks and glad this website exists.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Without having done a more critical evaluation of the the Energex window, I would have to defer to the Okna 800 in that comparison.

That (Okna 800) is one of the 3 best vinyl windows (widely available) made today in my opinion.