Earthwise Vinyl Windows

Share your experiences with others
2828betty

Earthwise Vinyl Windows

#1 Post by 2828betty »

Any information on HomeGuard (Home Star) Innovations Earthwise Vinyl Windows manufactured in Grabil, IN?? Has the Good Houssekeeping warranty.

Windows on Washington

Re: Earthwise Vinyl Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

A quick search of the site on Earthwise will probably yield a bit more feedback on that window.

The review of the product is largely average.

2828betty

#3 Post by 2828betty »

Thank you WOW. You are the only one to reply to my post. I have ordered the Innovations, so will see how they work out. Will keep you posted. Six people in my neighborhood have them and they are really a nicely built, good looking window. Again, thanks for your interest and the info.

Skydawggy.

#4 Post by Skydawggy. »

Have you looked at any competitive windows? I would never recommend buying something just because your neighbor bought them. I don't drive the same car my neighbor drives.

2828betty

#5 Post by 2828betty »

You are right, I don't drive the same car my neighbor does, but if six of my neighbors told me what a great deal they got on a very good car, or window, I would definitely have a look at the product and satisfaction of the product, and make my purchase from recommendations of that product (or car). Thanks for your reply. I got some really good feedback from the forum.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

It's a mid grade average window but has some attractive features like a nice looking curved lift rail and colonial glass bead around the glass. Good spacer too. On the flip side it has double weatherstripping instead of triple like most premium windows do so it may not be as airtight as it could be. One of their window lines has a pocket sill and one has a sloped sill. If you choose them go with the sloped one.
When Schuco window went out years ago their sales manager Rich Black became Home Guard's sales manager. He got them to shadow grove their corners on the sashes which made them look a little nicer. I don't think they still do that. I seem to remember they were having some issues with getting the shadow groove machinery to work right on their extrusions.
This company also makes doors and some very nice wrought iron storm doors, so if you need doors too ask your salesman for their door literature.

Edit 4/27/2012: I was reviewing there other windows and was not aware of the Innovations when I wrote this. The Innovations is a new window from them and is a very good choice. All the bells and whistles you could want and performance too.
Last edited by Window4U (IL) on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buddy11

#7 Post by buddy11 »

Window4U (IL) wrote:It's a mid grade average window but has some attractive features like a nice looking curved lift rail and colonial glass bead around the glass. Good spacer too. On the flip side it has double weatherstripping instead of triple like most premium windows do so it may not be as airtight as it could be. One of their window lines has a pocket sill and one has a sloped sill. If you choose them go with the sloped one.
When Schuco window went out years ago their sales manager Rich Black became Home Guard's sales manager. He got them to shadow grove their corners on the sashes which made them look a little nicer. I don't think they still do that. I seem to remember they were having some issues with getting the shadow groove machinery to work right on their extrusions.
This company also makes doors and some very nice wrought iron storm doors, so if you need doors too ask your salesman for their door literature.
+1. They make a pretty good door and an average window.

2828betty

#8 Post by 2828betty »

thank you all for the info on home guard windows. I had them installed and they are super nice and nice looking.
As far as I can tell they are air tight and noise is greatly reduced. Guess this winter will be the final test, but am quite pleased so far. Much better than my old Norandex aluminum windows, and quite pleased with the electric bill which was $84. last month. I am total electric, and in view of the HOT SUMMER in Indiana, am pleased with this bill.

indygirl

#9 Post by indygirl »

2828betty wrote:thank you all for the info on home guard windows. I had them installed and they are super nice and nice looking.
As far as I can tell they are air tight and noise is greatly reduced. Guess this winter will be the final test, but am quite pleased so far. Much better than my old Norandex aluminum windows, and quite pleased with the electric bill which was $84. last month. I am total electric, and in view of the HOT SUMMER in Indiana, am pleased with this bill.
2822betty: I am also in Indiana and seriously considering the Innovation window. Are you still happy with them? Did you have casement or double hungs installed? I'd love to see a picture, particularly if you had their casement installed. Thanks!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#10 Post by masterext »

Since i recently saw the Innovations, i can safely say its a solid window. Innovations belongs to the Earth Wise window group but that does not mean they are all the same.
Innovations use a Deceunick extrusion and its designed very well. i have no problem recommending that window.

HomeSealed

#11 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Very solid product. Not top 5, but definitely in the next tier. Looks nice, good performance, and excellent quality control from what I've seen. Over 3/4 of their workforce is Amish....
In addition, being part of that Earthwise group offers another tier of warranty protection.
Not a bad choice by any stretch.