Sears no longer selling the Simonton?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
The Window Man

Sears no longer selling the Simonton?

#1 Post by The Window Man »

Hi folks,

Newbie here! I recently heard that Sears is no longer using Simonton as their manufacturer? The new manufacturer is "quick...something". Has anyone else heard this?

Skydawggy.

Re: Sears no longer selling the Simonton?

#2 Post by Skydawggy. »

I think I heard they switched to Wincore. Makes little sense to me because I didn't think Wincore had the manufacturing capacity to supply them nationwide like Simonton does.

The Window Man

#3 Post by The Window Man »

I just Googled Wincore+Sears and it looks like it IS Wincore. Do you know much about them? i.e. What kind of vinyl they use? Is it similar to the Simonton in that you can get the same window from a distributor for roughly half the price?

Skydawggy.

#4 Post by Skydawggy. »

I wouldn't have any idea regarding pricing. Why do you ask? Are you a dealer? If so, shouldn't you know the answer? If not, what difference does it make?

The Window Man

#5 Post by The Window Man »

Well I am new to the business (so....yes I should know this...which is why I'm asking the seasoned pros!) and am almost always following a Sears presentation or the homeowner is going to be speaking with Sears after me. Just wanted to know what you guys hear about their product but I actually saw one of your responses to the same question on another board so I have the info I need. Thanks Skydawggy.