Semco Windows For New Home Construction

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
maxxthedog

Semco Windows For New Home Construction

#1 Post by maxxthedog »

Hi Window Brain,
We are looking at building a home and the builder is using Semco Windows. They have gone to these windows in the last 2-3 years. I do not know that model.
I did a search on this site but can only find items from a few years back complaining about windows installed 10 years back. Does anyone have current information on this brand. I live in WI and it looks like they are made here, so I would like to keep my money local if I can. But I do not want to pay for a bad product. I could upgrade but I think that might have to come out of my pocket as we have the building contract signed and with the bank for financing.
Thoughts suggestions on this brand or windows with a new construction?
Thanks

Windows on Washington

Re: Semco Windows For New Home Construction

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Paging HomeSealed.....

maxxthedog,

Brandon at HomeSealed is right in Milwaukee and will probably have some direct feedback to offer on that window having replaced a whole bunch.

maxxthedog

#3 Post by maxxthedog »

Actually Brandon put the windows in my current house (did a great job BTW). Didn't think of that.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Problem solved!!

I am a fixer. :D :D

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Maxx, Semco is not the worst wood window that you'll find and their quality has improved, but as WoW alluded to, they are a pretty common window to be replaced within 10-15 years. If you are set on wood, Marvin is pretty universally regarded as excellent along with Kolbe. The Marvin Integrity is a great cost-effective option if the Ultimate is beyond the budget.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

to me semco is a builders grade window which i dont think you would be happy with. i would recommend Himark/ okna, or gorell.
HomeSealed is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the industry as well as one of the nicest. i would definitely contact Brandon.

maxxthedog

#7 Post by maxxthedog »

Brandon, I'll see what my budget is on the windows and contact you. Maybe I can get something worked out for you to do the install.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

maxxthedog wrote:Brandon, I'll see what my budget is on the windows and contact you. Maybe I can get something worked out for you to do the install.
That would depend on how much control you have over the build, but generally the windows are installed as part of the rough carpentry phase and are not separated. I'd be happy to talk to you about alternatives whether that entails supplying the windows, or just giving advice. :)