Dog damage on the inside of the window--fixable?

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
Adancer05

Dog damage on the inside of the window--fixable?

#1 Post by Adancer05 »

We have a crazy dog who has ruined the interior of our front window. From what I can find out on google its a double casement picture window (casement, picture, casement). She's successfully tore off part of the picture window on the bottom. It's the piece that looks like it would be where a screen would fit into IF it were a window that actually opened. From what I can tell there are finishing nail holes in the piece that is the most damaged. I'm wondering if those are in face nails and I can pry that piece out and fashion a new one? The piece behind it is also damaged, but it can either he sanded or wood filled to look ok if that piece can't be taken out as well.

Again, just wondering if removing that piece is possible? I'd like to avoid more damage.

Thank you!
Angie

Ps I have pictures but don't know how to post them? They aren't on a image sharing site, just my phone and too big to attach.

HomeSealed

Re: Dog damage on the inside of the window--fixable?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

You'll have to post them on a sharing site and post up the link. I can't really comment without seeing it.

Adancer05

#3 Post by Adancer05 »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12396437@N07

That should take you to the photos of the windows. I can take others if needed. The img thing isn't working. i tried twice. Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12396437@N07

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Pup did a number on that one.

Time to bust out the oscillating tool and make some careful plunge cuts, have some similar sized stock material, stain to make, and trim nail back in place.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I think you will be able to pry that stop right up and remove. If you could find out who the mfg was you could see about getting a new piec. Or make it yourself or go to a good lumber yard and ask them to make for you.
It will take some practice on some scrap pieces to get the match close.

Lastly what is the plan to keep the dog from doing it again?

theWindowNerd.com