Suggestions for white color choices and dimensional grids?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mlockart

Suggestions for white color choices and dimensional grids?

#1 Post by mlockart »

Hello, my husband and I are looking to replace the windows of our 1968 home. We have decided on vinyl, but do not love the bright white color that seems to be the norm. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer that offers more of a creamy white? (Not the darker beige, though.) I also like the look of dimensional grids, either between the glass or on the outside. We have 18 windows and have had estimates around $7,000 for materials and labor, which we think is reasonable (and really can't afford to go over). They are also planning on wrapping the trim on the exterior, which I'm hoping can be a "creamy" or soft white as well? We live in central IL and would appreciate any advice, we are new to all of this but are hoping to get the project started right away. Thanks!

TheWindowNerd

Re: Suggestions for white color choices and dimensional grids?

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

OLder versions of vinyl are a blue white.
Newer and better versions are a colonial white. Products like Okna, Sunrise or Soft-Lite, which are high performance.
Grids:
You can do GBG(grids between the glass) that have a contoured design as opposed to a flat grid. On some models you can do SDL(simulate divided lites), very nice looking, but will blow your budget.
Make sure you use a window that is .09 or less in AI, .05 or less is better still.

wayne theWindowNerd...

mlockart

#3 Post by mlockart »

Thank you, I will check out those companies. Sounds like I have more research to do. (AI?)

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Blue White is more late 90's.

Home Guard Innovations, Okna, Sunrise Restorations, Sunrise Vanguard, Kensington Quantum II, etc. are all great brands.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I forgot to mention that if you can not find a white that works for you and the beige/almond units do not work for you, some mfg like Okna/HiMark will custom paint the exterior.