Equal price: 3 pane Sunrise v 2 pane Softlite Kingsroyal

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
midwesthome

Equal price: 3 pane Sunrise v 2 pane Softlite Kingsroyal

#1 Post by midwesthome »

I am finally ready to get my new patio door ordered and trying to make a final decision. The Sunrise patio door is triple pane ($2,118) and the Softlite Kingsroyal door is double pane (and $2,189). I had 3 Softlite Imperial LS picture windows installed in my living room, and am happy with the product. Installation leaked, but contractor did fix it. Have also heard good things about the Sunrise installer. Which product would you go with and why? I liked both doors. Thanks!

HomeSealed

Re: Equal price: 3 pane Sunrise v 2 pane Softlite Kingsroyal

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I like the fit, finish, and functionality of the Sunrise door, but I also prefer a welded frame which the Softlite offers. Both are very good doors, with the Sunrise having a little bit more "high end" look and feel IMO. There is also something to be said for going back to a company that you have done business with already and trust. Installation is very important as well.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

All things being equal, I think I would go with the Sunrise door for the look and feel.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Why is the Sunrise product being quoted just as triple-glazed? Northern region? I like both products. I think that Sunrise has a nicer sill and handleset. It's a fussier door to install for sure, but a good experienced Sunrise installer should no problems.

midwesthome

#5 Post by midwesthome »

Thank you so much for your responses. I keep going back and forth. I know both are great options, just trying to get the "best" door. Which is why I was looking for the expert opinions on here. :)

Most contractors here offer the triple pane options (if not do triple pane promotions). The Softlite contractor has the triple pane option for $254 more. When we did our living windows, they had a free triple pane promotion going on. I am in the Midwest so I'm guessing our cold weather leads them to offer it??

Earlier today I was going with the Softlite, but believe tomorrow will be signing the contract for the Sunrise door. Thanks for all your help and feel free to add more comments!

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sounds good.

Post up some before and after photos.

We love seeing completed projects.

Eric

bgbrock

#7 Post by bgbrock »

Love my Sunrise patio door. The only complaint that I have - a noticeable amount of air leakage top and bottom at the meeting rails. Very noticeable on a cold windy day.