Vista Panorama vs Simonton 6200 series

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
sgm1764

Vista Panorama vs Simonton 6200 series

#1 Post by sgm1764 »

I am looking to replace 22 windows in my home. I have received 5 estimates ranging from 78K(Andersen) to the most recent one for the Vista (7k). Home Depot quoted a price of 10K for 14 Simonton 6200.
I would like to know if the Vista Panorama window is a good quality window. The company has said this window is comparable to the Simonton 6200, has a reinforced double spacer with a 1" IG.
I am looking for a good, quality window that will not break my pocketbook, that provides heat, wind and noice reduction.
The windows in my house currently are the original builder grade windows from 1989, so anything is better than this.

I am located in Plano, Texas. Majority of the windows are facing North where the wind comes in through the current windows. The other windows are on the SW side where the heat from the sun really comes through as well as the wind. The house is a two story brick. We also have a flight pattern over our house which causes increased noise.

Delaware Mike

Re: Vista Panorama vs Simonton 6200 series

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Decent mid-grade offering. Plenty of options available. I used the Panorama from 06 to 09 as drop window to premium offerings. It is very similar to the Simonton 5500. I will tell you that the operation of the sashes is hands down the easiest to move up and down bar none on their double-hung units. There is an irrigation to the sill systems like Simonton utilizes and while it's not a complete deal breaker like a clip in pocket sill, most of us prefer a more modern completely sealed sill. I found during that time period that I was dealing with Vista that their customer service and management was first class.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Back to that first line.

Did someone really quote you 78K or was that supposed to be 18 or 28K?

I would echo Delaware Mike's feedback. It's not a terrible window by any stretch, but not in the top tier either.

Probably on par with other mid grade options.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

Thats news to me. Mike. I didnt realize Vista utilized a weep system like simonton which i am not particularly fond of. Not to mention, those darn flaps on the outside cheapen the look of the window.

sgm1764

#5 Post by sgm1764 »

That is not a typo! Yes I was quoted 78k for 14 Andersen windows.
Thank you for the information. It was very helpful. The company I am going with has exceptional reviews on Angie's List. One of the owners came back out to my house today to speak with both me and my husband and was very thorough. We are getting 27 windows replaced in our house plus a 8'x10' picture window for 13k.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

sgm1764 wrote:That is not a typo! Yes I was quoted 78k for 14 Andersen windows.
Wow. That is a new high if I am not mistaken.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

sgm1764 wrote:That is not a typo! Yes I was quoted 78k for 14 Andersen windows.
Thank you for the information. It was very helpful. The company I am going with has exceptional reviews on Angie's List. One of the owners came back out to my house today to speak with both me and my husband and was very thorough. We are getting 27 windows replaced in our house plus a 8'x10' picture window for 13k.
78k !!!!. Did they get the windows from king tuts tomb ?