Question for Delaware Mike

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Inquirer

Question for Delaware Mike

#1 Post by Inquirer »

I copied this from a post of yours.

Most LS guys are establish dealers in which Soft-Lite has been with for many years and Soft-Lite doesn't expect to have to make a field call in the future for a warranty problem if the dealer isn't in business any longer.

Does this mean that Soft Lite doesn't want to support the customer if the dealer goes out of business?

Delaware Mike

Re: Question for Delaware Mike

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Of course SL wants to provide support to the homeowners that purchase their products. I've personally performed IG-units swap outs and misc. parts replacements for various SL dealers in the area that aren't around anymore due to a multitude of reasons. SL like many premium window manufacturers has to choose their dealers carefully.

We industry insiders see all of the dirt out there. Gorell was utilizing very bad glazing practices as did Great Lakes. Window Wizards in my area had a horrible reputation by employing hack installers and selling mostly bottom of the barrel windows for many years. Simonton just got hit with a class action law suite for bad glazing.

I wouldn't hesitate for second regarding the upper lines from OKNA, Soft-Lite, or Sunrise. I'm not familiar with the other manufacture that you're considering so I can't comment on them. If there were something better out there in premium vinyl, I'd be selling it.

Grayson73

#3 Post by Grayson73 »

Mike,

What is your website and do you service Potomac, MD 20854?

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Hi Grayson, I'm sorry, I don't really do Maryland these days. How far are you from the Delaware Memorial Bridge?

Randy

#5 Post by Randy »

There’s only one company that I would recommend to my family and friends in the greater Washington DC area, and that is Windows on Washington. You won’t find a more professional company to deal with, offering the industry’s leading products and utilizing superior installation methods to ensure your long-term satisfaction. I’d highly recommend contacting them and seeing what they can do for you.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Big +1 there! Sounds like you may not be covered by one true pro and great guy in Delaware Mike, but you should be by another in Windows in Washington. Highly recommend.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

Windows on Washington serves your area and that would be my best advice you. Top notch outfit.