ProVia Windows VS Viwinco Questions

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
ERick

ProVia Windows VS Viwinco Questions

#1 Post by ERick »

I live in NW PA. I am looking at midrange all vinyl new build windows as i looks like the majority of my windows have water damage. I am replacing 18 window openings with 23 windows all together. I have one 101" x 54" bay window that I am having removed and going with DH/Pic/DH factory mulled windows. Also, I am going down in size for a smaller kitchen DH window and putting in a slider window. There are 3 twin DH factory mulled windows, 11 DH and 2 hopper windows. I got the following window quotes from a local contractor supply house that one GC likes to use.

1. Viwinco S -Series new construction, double pane windows with northern glass package....................... $6,500
2. ProVia Aspect AP500 new construction, double pane with ComforTech DL A glass, double strength glass....$5,160
A quote with the Neopor insulation wasn't obtained.
3. ProVia Endure EN600 Series new construction. DP ComforTech DLA-UV, double strength glass.................$6,000

From what I am reading the ProVia might be the better window than the Viwinco windows. I am wondering what the factory mulling is like compared to the Viwinco structural mullion? Any thoughts from any ProVia dealers who have installed the windows? I know there are some ProVia dealers that contribute to this website and any input would be appreciated. Also, I cannot find the window frame specs, but it looks like the ProVia Aspect window frame might be narrower with more glass. From my understanding it is the better line. I do not want large window frames with less glass.

If there are any other windows that I should be comparing that wouldn't too much more? I know some are mentioned in the higher end and the nearest window dealers/certified installers are at least 60 miles away, one in NY state and even further away.

Lastly, I was quoted a total price for a GC for approx. $19,000 for installing new construction windows, removing some vinyl siding out of the way, installing the windows apparently flush as the siding will tuck behind the molding trim. I have had a hard time getting any contractors to return phone calls here as they are apparently busy and do not like to return phone calls.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: ProVia Windows VS Viwinco Questions

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Are the numbers quoted above and "installed" price? :shock:

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

provia is much better than viwinco, not even close. I do like the look of the Provia Aspect better than the Endure.
there is no way those prices include installation unless you left out a zero.
Last edited by masterext on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

Looks like the lower prices is Windows only and the 19000 is both windows and labor.

ERick

#5 Post by ERick »

Thanks for the info. The window quote is just for the windows with no additional materials. The approx. $19,000 price is windows, materials, install with all the exterior trim and wood interior work.

Anyone know if the ProVia Endure sashes and rails is larger than the ProVia Aspect? It looks like it in some of the pictures I have seen. I know the Endure is apparently the better window, but I like more glass. I haven't been able to see a ProVia window in person yet. The local ProVia sales rep is supposed to be dropping off an Endure window at the builders supply house to look at. The nearest ProVia certified installer is 60 miles away.