Im Lost

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Joshua

Im Lost

#1 Post by Joshua »

I live in South Florida and have gotten a few different quotes and have no idea if someone is full of it or not. I'm looking to replace all of my windows & doors with impact for hurricane protection. Any advice is greatly appreciated or even better, a referral of someone who knows their stuff and fairly priced. Thank you.

Windows on Washington

Re: Im Lost

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

If you have a few quotes, what is the spread on the numbers? Do you have a friend or family member that has had work done recently that they can refer someone?

Oberon

#3 Post by Oberon »

PGT is the 800 lb gorilla in the florida impact market. Start with them; make them your baseline as you begin your search.
Make a list of your most important considerations; price, quality, materials, so on...then look at other companies and compare them to the PGT offerings - are they better in some areas and worse in others?
Make a list of what you like and don't like about each company that you have met with. As WoW said, ask for references and ask any family and friends about their experiences, again using your PGT experience as baseline.
Ask the sales folks why them and not someone else? Evaluate how you feel about their reply; the impression that the company left with you.
If you have specific technical questions, feel free to ask here. This forum is a wealth of knowledge about windows.

Joshua

#4 Post by Joshua »

Thanks guys, definitely a good starting point.