OKNA vs. Sunrise + Quotes

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Daltonis

OKNA vs. Sunrise + Quotes

#1 Post by Daltonis »

I've read so much on widow options and narrowed it down to two different window companies. Okna and Sunshine are my choice. I've seen many on this site and others recommending these two more than other options. I didn't have a ton of options with getting multiple companies to give me quotes with these windows. I live in eastern Pennsylvania (Reading/Allentown area) and had the Sunrise company come 50+ miles & I had only one Okna dealer come up within 50 miles. Luckily, they are 5 minutes from my house.

Just wanted opinions on Sunrise & Okna and if all were the same which window would you guys choose. I received 3 different window model quotes from Sunrise and two from Okna. 12 vinyl windows, double hung & 2 sliders. All standard sizes with nothing custom. The one slider might require some sill work, but nothing crazy. Quotes are full price with installation.

Sunrise Quotes
1: The Sunrise Essentials series. $6,875
2: The Sunrise (Sunrise) series. $8,997
3: The Sunrise Restorations. $9,981

Okna Quotes The dealer didn't carry the 500 so I only got quotes for the 600 & HiMark Enviro-Star 800.
1: The Okna 600 Eco Pro series $8,110
2: HiMark Enviro-Star 800. $8,950

What does everyone think? Do these quotes look good or should I get some more quotes from Milgard & Soft-lite dealers or just stick with Okna & Sunrise? Covid-19 is also playing a roll with some dealers not wanting to come into homes. So (real) quotes are not always that easy to get.

Thanks in advance- Corey - Berks county, PA.

Windows on Washington

Re: OKNA vs. Sunrise + Quotes

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Its a pretty straightforward choice in the cursory review of the data.

The Essentials is a garbage window and despite the Sunrise moniker, has no business being associate with the other product in the Sunrise line up.

The Okna 600 is slightly stronger and better performer than the Restorations and the EnivroStar is and even better performer than the 600. Really comes down to which of the two Okna products that you preferred the look of in my book. Both have better performance data associated with them and while I do like the upper end Sunrise products, given the higher price points on both in the comparisons, there is zero reason to go with either in that comparison.

Daltonis

#3 Post by Daltonis »

Thank you Windows on Washington for the reply. I was already leaning towards the Okna HiMark Enviro-Star 800. Good to hear that you would recommend the same.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Roger that. Its the better window and for less...Win - Win for you on that one.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Great advice from WoW, fully agree.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I also agree.
The 800DX would be the window for my house.

TheWindowNerd.com