Chicago Area Window Dealer Recommendations?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
windycitybleu

Chicago Area Window Dealer Recommendations?

#1 Post by windycitybleu »

First-time poster here. Does anyone have any recommendation on Window installers in the Chicago area? I have two glass block windows in a bathroom that I would like to replace. I am likely to choose either vinyl or fiberglass windows. I've seen some of the recommendations here for Okna, Sunrise, etc. However, it seems like a lot of those dealers are pretty far from the city and they may not have interest in the job given the number of windows and distance. Thank you.

In the last couple of years, I've replaced a couple of bathroom windows with Alside windows. Based on the comments here, it sounds like I could have done a little better on the quality.

Windows on Washington

Re: Chicago Area Window Dealer Recommendations?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

There are definitely better products. Did you deal direct with a window installation company on those other ones or something like a window world type organization?

windycitybleu

#3 Post by windycitybleu »

I used a local window installation company for the Alside. Sunrise forwarded my contact information to a local dealer. He stopped by earlier today and I had a Marvin dealer stop by the other day.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Sunrise product is clearly, from the vinyl side of the family of products, the superior product.

windycitybleu

#5 Post by windycitybleu »

Any thoughts on Marvin Elevate windows versus Sunrise Restoration windows? The Marvin is obviously fiberglass. Should they perform similarly? Should I expect pricing to be fairly similar between these two products? Thanks!

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

No way to tell on price, but the Sunrise should have a bit better air infiltration and thermal number by comparison.

windycitybleu

#7 Post by windycitybleu »

Windows on Washington wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:32 pm No way to tell on price, but the Sunrise should have a bit better air infiltration and thermal number by comparison.
Thank you.