Vytex Windows - Company Being Sold?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
HoneyDoList

Vytex Windows - Company Being Sold?

#1 Post by HoneyDoList »

I'm in the Northern Virginia area and have started the long process of window replacement. While getting an estimate, the rep mentioned that Vytex Windows was being sold, as in changing ownership. Can anyone confirm this? If so, is there more info on the new ownership?

Vytex seems to have a pretty good reputation, but the potential sale of the company (if true) gives me pause on using their windows going forward, not knowing anything about the new ownership. Can anyone here allay those fears?

We're looking at a big replacement project: at least 2 dozen vinyl windows, two sliding glass doors and an entry way door. If it were just a couple of windows we were replacing, I wouldn't be as concerned. Thanks.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Vytex Windows - Company Being Sold?

#2 Post by masterext »

News to me ( if true ). That being said, its quite common. If it is sold, everything usually remains the same and its usually an investment company. If I was a vytex dealer would I rather it not be sold? Of course.. But in the end, its common although I would be shocked considering its a family owned business.

HoneyDoList

#3 Post by HoneyDoList »

Normally I'd agree about business as usual if it's a more passive entity like an investment company that takes over. In this case, because it's a family owned business that has been around for a while, I'm more circumspect about it.

There are plenty of good reasons for a sale: cash infusion, plans for growth, modernization, etc. The question is will the company retain the same leadership on the operational level or are they cashing out and being replaced by new folks? The latter can result in a complete culture change and brings more uncertainty.

First things first, however. Is Vytex really being sold?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Is your concern about warranty enforcement?

I guess I could call the owner but I am not sure he would really care to answer my inquiry. In situations such as these, things are usually a bit tight lipped for good reason.

HoneyDoList

#5 Post by HoneyDoList »

Yes, but in the guise of customer service as it relates to installers using Vytex products. So maybe not necessarily warranty enforcement as a whole, but more so timely response to quality control issues that might crop up. If new ownership comes in and turns things upside down, that can have an impact on the CSR front lines and cause follow-up problems for installers sourcing the firm's product. It can carry over to the end use (customer).

Any clarity you can provide would be much appreciated. I understand that tight lips normally prevail in situations like these. Thanks.

Randy

#6 Post by Randy »

Windows on Washington is a family owned business that serves your area, and they have earned a stellar reputation for top shelf products installed by skilled craftsmen. I’d highly recommend contacting them for a consultation.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

agree with Randy.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. If Windows on Washington serves your area, you are in luck. Excellent company, top performing products.

On Vytex, I haven't heard about a sale, but as WoW mentioned, those things aren't generally public knowledge until they are made official. If the sales rep from the company stated it, there's not much reason to believe it isn't true.

As for allaying your fears, I'm not sure that anyone can do that. Is it likely that they will continue on producing that product and at a high level? I'd say its more likely than not. That said, who really knows. Personally I'd wait for the dust to fully settle in a situation like that, particularly if you have another good (or better) option.

HoneyDoList

#9 Post by HoneyDoList »

Thanks for all of the responses. Appreciate it. Rest assured WoW is one of the bidders on our project, and their good reputation precedes them.

I just like to leave no stone unturned in terms of weighing all the facts to make a final decision. Still not sure about the answer to my original Vytex question, but in the end it might not really matter.

masterext

#10 Post by masterext »

If Vytex does get sold you have no way of knowing what kind of cultural changes could occur within the company. The other company ( WOW ) has a proven track record in every conceivable category. I certainly understand not wanting "to leave any stone unturned" but with WOW, you don't need to worry about that. They use one of the best products in the industry and have some of the best installers in the industry with the added benefit of having a great owner.
just my .02 from being in the industry and seeing consumers get too wrapped up in minutiae.

toddinmn

#11 Post by toddinmn »

The source of the rumor was a representative from Vytex? , The window company selling Vytex or?

HoneyDoList

#12 Post by HoneyDoList »

Ironically, it came (unsolicited) from the WoW rep we talked to.

TheWindowNerd

#13 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I spoke with the VP of sales. He said he did not think so and see no reason or indication. Andy wants to keep the business in the family, his son and daughter are both working and running the company.
It also still has that family run feel to it.

toddinmn

#14 Post by toddinmn »

Hmmmmm.

HoneyDoList

#15 Post by HoneyDoList »

TheWindowNerd wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:45 am I spoke with the VP of sales. He said he did not think so and see no reason or indication. Andy wants to keep the business in the family, his son and daughter are both working and running the company.
It also still has that family run feel to it.
Thanks. Appreciate the info.